Version 9.0.23.32 having issues with file shares -Recommend not updating

• 28 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
  • Popular Voice
  • 104 replies
We have found after some deployments of the newest version that a percentage of clients are having issues with files on Windows file shares.  With some clients, Excel spreadsheets are showing as blank upon opening.  In our case, every time Webroot is closed, the file share issues go away.

We have an open case with Webroot.  They have told us this issue was discovered and known (as of this time, it is still not posted on the forum's "Known Issues"), but we received conflicting reports;  some techs knew the issue, but other people higher up at that point did not.  This pointed to us for a real need for communication within Webroot, as it seems like the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing.

At this time, I would actively discourage any MSP or large business client from updating past 9.0.21.18.  In fact, my topic is also a request:  I need the MSI file from 9.0.21.18 so we may roll back our clients, and more importantly, I need to find out how I can download specific versions of the installer MSI at any given time I need them, so if we experience an issue, we may roll back.  This would prevent opening a support ticket if I had direct access to multiple recent versions of the client.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Happy to

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsasmerc.exe

and

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsasmerc.msi

Jonathan

Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Hello,
v9.0.23.32 only went to a limited number of devices.  We're now rolling out 9.0.23.34 to those devices which will remove the issue with slow access to files on network storage.  

A final resolution will be in a later version of WSA whiich is due out late Oct / early Nov.

Regards

Jonathan 
Senior PM
WSA for Business

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ ,

I need to commend Webroot specifically for getting this fix out, perhaps more rapidly than I've ever seen a previous response.  It is appreciated.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
THANK YOU for reporting this!

Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this issue.

We have turned off auto updating on all servers due to issues in the past.

I just went and turned off all updating on all endpoints till this issue is resolved.

I would like to know the informtaiton you are requesting as well.

Thanks,
Jeff
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
Hello,
v9.0.23.32 only went to a limited number of devices.  We're now rolling out 9.0.23.34 to those devices which will remove the issue with slow access to files on network storage.  

A final resolution will be in a later version of WSA whiich is due out late Oct / early Nov.

Regards

Jonathan 
Senior PM
WSA for Business

Jonathan,

Requested for everyone else as well - can you provide links for the MSI and EXE downloads for the Business version?

I prefer to keep our clients off automatic update policies, so systems with 9.0.21.18 stay that way, and I only upgrade systems with 9.0.23.32 for the moment.

Thank you for your assistance.