Virus Definitions Not Updating

• 1 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I realize that virus definitions are kept in the cloud for Webroot Secure Anywhere Endpoint Protection. However, my device monitoring software (Spiceworks) keeps telling me that PCs have out-of-date definitions. I'd ignore it if it was all my PCs with Webroot installed on them or if it was the same few PCs everyday. However, it's a different PC or two every day to every several days. This leads me to believe that something in Webroot is actually not updating. Any ideas as to why I would be receiving this message?

Thanks,
Nic

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That sounds strange - can you post a screenshot of the error message?
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Here's a screenshot of two messages from the same day saying two different devices were out-of-date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm guessing that means that the agent isn't on the latest version. What do you see in the console when you look at the agent versions? Does that match what Spiceworks is telling you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I could see that as a possible cause. However, now that I'm asking about the issue it's not showing itself so I can't check to see if that's the cause. I'll wait till it happens again and report back. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sounds good - let us know if/when it comes back and we can dig into the problem some more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Today Spiceworks flagged 7 devices as Out-of-Date as you can see in screenshot 1. However, when I looked deeper in Spiceworks these devices are at the latest version number of Webroot (9.0.8.80). I did as you suggested and logged into the Webroot Console to see if it said they were Out-of-Date and this is where it gets weird. As you can see in Screenshot 2 there are three devices that are a version behind, however none of them were caught by Spiceworks. Two of these devices being behind and not being caught by Spiceworks isn't surprising as these employees have been out and their PCs have been off. However, the third one (Norman) is an anomily as it has been on and Spiceworks says it's at the latest version as of 4 hours ago. Any ideas?

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2: