Web security again. Craigslist and now Papa Johns ordering being blocked because of using proxy?

Some time back we had a problem accessing Craigslist and found out that the web proxy was why access was being denied.
Tech support said to add a bypass. Well now Papa Johns Ordering is being blocked for the same reason. Whats the purpose of having the Web Security if everyone is going to start blocking the proxy??

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah it's a bit of a hassle.  Some people block all Amazon AWS IP addresses, since spammers have taken to using them.  If you put in a support ticket then we can add it to our list of people to call to persuade to whitelist our AWS IPs.
Already posted on support site. Personally i think this is just a tracking issue with these companies. They refuse to believe people out there dont want to be tracked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Maybe, although it seems silly that they'd be willing to sacrifice business for it.
i dont really want to have to start creating individual users groups for every little place that wants to block the proxy. defeats the purpose of the proxy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah I agree - sounds like a gigantic hassle.  How many different sites have you had to add to the bypass?
I think i have like 4 or 5 different companies that had to be bypassed because of various reasons but just Craigslist and PJ's has showed to be precisely because of the proxy. Remove proxy everything works. Add proxy back, no work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Gotcha - I'll forward this to the guy who deals with this sort of stuff and see if he can get PJ added to the list of people we pester.  I know Craigslist comes up a lot.