Webroot install insists "Scan Required"

• 17 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

Testing out Webroot. I have a trial and for 3 of the 4 machine sI've tried it on it seems to have gone smoothly.

However, I have a fourth machine whose installation procedure seemed odd compared to the others. Instead of doing the scan and then checking in and registering with the web portal, it keeps telling me that "Scan Required". The icon in the systray has an exclamation point.

I can open the program and run a scan and view the settings (which I can't do on the other computers) - but no matter what I do, or many times I run a scan, it keeps telling me one has never run and needs to.

These are identical machines, btw. Nothing different between them. Same images, etc.

Any thoughts?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That does sound strange - let me ask some folks here.  

In the meantime, have you tried removing and reinstalling from scratch?
Yeah, uninstall (which required a captcha), reboot, reinstall.

Same. It looks like it attempts to run the scan every several minutes or so. The systray icon changes, hovering over it says "scanning" but then it goes back to "scan required" with an exclamation point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm wondering if there is some prexisting infection on the machine that might causing problems.  Probably the best thing to do at this point is open a case with support and have them look at the logs - they'll be able to tell you either way.
I had that thought too, so I just ran a malwarebytes full scan in safe mode. Came back clean. While there, I tried to install webroots in safe mode too. Same result though.

I'll see if I can engage the official support