WebRoot installed and Running but not listed in "Programs and Features"

• 12 January 2016
  • 10 replies

Within the console I deactivated a Server and Client PC to trouble shoot issues.  Both have been reactivated and had the installer run.  Both show Webroot running in the tray and services but neither have Webroot listed in "Programs and Features".  I have uninstalled from the console and reinstalled. Have disabled and reenabled show in Programs and Features within the policy but haven't been successful in getting the program listed. I need the program listed for software inventory scanning.
Server 2008 R2 and Win 7, WR Ver 9.0.7.46.
Thanks for your help,
Jetson

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try re-enabling show in Programs and Features and then sending a scan command to that server - sometimes that will force the change to go through if it's stuck.
I disabled the "show in P and F" triggered a scan, reenabled "show in P and F" and triggered another scan.
Still not listed in "programs and features".
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok let me ask around and see what I can find out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Looks like this is something they'll need to look at your logs for. I'll go ahead and create a support ticket so they can contact you.
Great, thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Did you get my PM? I'll need the email address that you used for registration of the keycode to open the ticket for you. It looks like your community profile was created with a different email address.
Didn't receive your PM. I can open a ticket from our console if you like. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep that'll work too. Let me know what they say!
Support had me download and run the WSAUninstallAdder. 
Reinstalled, refreshed configuration on the server and all is well:-)
Thanks for your help, have a great day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Awesome, glad that did the trick.