Greetings Webroot Community!
I wanted to share a recent issue that we have been experiencing with some clients that use both Microsoft Office products, and Webroot Business Endpoint Protection. Recently, some of our users have reported that when they are trying to edit and save documents in Word and Excel they experience a pop up that advises them that they cannot save their changes because “another user” currently has the document open. We tried several different ways to get this error to go away, however each time we have had to uninstall and reinstall the Webroot agent on the client machines.
Our working fix for the issue is to deactivate protection in our RMM portal, on the endpoint in the management console, and then uninstall the agent on the system locally through a windows command window using the following command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WRSA.exe” -uninstall
We then reactivate protection through our RMM portal, allow the agent to reinstall, and sign out and back into the user account. This has worked on all three of the incidents of this issue that we have had so far. Hopefully this post is helpful; I spent a couple hours trying to figure out what was going on the first time, and I hope that this post saves someone a little bit of time if they experience the same issue.