Webroot is blocking network printers

• 19 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Windows 10 pro had an update overnight. Network printers no longer work unless Webroot is disabled. Windows10 Pro ,version 1511, OS Build 10586.63- This has happened on multiple computers with the same result. Webroot must be disabled to print.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you contact support they should be able to fix that on our end once they get your logs to find out what needs to be whitelisted:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA
Unfortunately there are still a lot of issues with Windows 10.
Several times a week we have customers with Windows 10 issues, varying from driver issues to more serious ones where Windows 10 won't start anymore. Sometimes a few days after fixing the issue the problem reappears.
We had no problems with the combination WebRoot and Windows 10 yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah it's always a bit of a rough road after a new OS comes out. I tend to be conservative and wait 6 months to a year for fixes, updates and drivers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Question... Are those printers connected directly to the workstations via USB cable or over the network via a Print Server?
A common mistake a lot of people unknowingly make is not to use corporate versions of drivers that don't install the extra management garbage one doesn't really need .
So if the machines are physically connected to the workstation i'd suggest to ( as a test on a single machine ) to uninstall the printers, be sure to remove all drivers completely, reboot and then try again and please be sure you don't use home versions of the drivers. 

? drop me the exact brand & model specs from the printers & i'll have a look. Have installed the odd few printservers in the past so i might be able to help on this if you want.