WEBROOT UNINSTALL LOCK

• 11 September 2015
  • 11 replies

Hi, i'm trying webroot endpoint protection on a little number of test workstations and I'm having some issues on "protecting" webroot to be intentionally removed from the end user.
- Even if i selected not to display the program on the control panel the entry is always present and the software is easy uninstallable by the end user (Workstation 8.1 PRO)
- is there any way to lock with a password an uninstall attempt?
Regards

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There's a policy option to show/hide the endpoint from add/remove programs.  If you set that to hide, then they won't be able to remove it without authority from the console.
I did enable that optional ad said bit with no success
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
How long ago did you make the changes? Depending on the polling interval that is set, it could take a day to update. You can also change the polling interval in the policy to be 15 minutes, so that clients get commands and changes faster.
I did it as a first set-up on the policies. The polling intervalli is 15 mins.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And are they still seeing Webroot in add/remove? Is that how they're doing the uninstall themselves?
Yes it stilo permits the uninstall by the users from the add remove on ctrl panel
Just for safety i cross checked the option is correct set up as disabled on the web panel but all the 3 workstations (2 x 8.1 Pro  + 1 WIN7) have the uninstall option enable on the add remove programs windows.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well it sounds like you have everything setup correctly, so at this point I think it probably be best to have support remote in and get a second set of eyes just to double-check, and if it still isn't working, see about troubleshooting and getting it fixed.  Would you like me to put in a ticket to have them contact you?
Badge +1
Nic,

It seems I can duplicate the setting on my endpoints.

I configured the setting under policies, Deault test policy, Basic configuration, "show secureAnywhere in Add/Remove Programs" changed setting to off. I then disabled the firewall so I can see when the setting had taken affect. After waiting 15 minutes, as per my Poll Interval, and then rebooting (just to be sure) the Firewall was turned off but Webroot remained in Add/Remove Programs.

I then removed Webroot, rebooted and pushed it out again. The endpoint picked up the same policy and just to be sure I turned on the firewall and refreshed the configuration. This turned on the firewall but left Webroot in Add/Remove programs.

Hope this helps!
Badge +1
thechain,

I removed Webroot from my pc. Cleaned out the registry. Created a new p[olicy (called it test Policy) applied it as default and then created an installation package.

Once installed and updated Webroot was not in the Add/Remove consol.

Mark
Userlevel 4
Hello,

Can you please start a support ticket by clicking here?

Thanks,
John M.
Advanced Malware REmoval Engineer