Solved

What happens if somebody @ Webroot goes rogue?

• 31 July 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
This was an interesting question put to me by a client who was a bit weary of onboarding to a cloud based solution with Machine Learning etc...

He asked me this and I will post to you:

What would happen if an employee of Webroot or an account admin was compromised, or went rogue and changed the rules so that every system was essentially unusable?

Thanks
John
icon

Best answer by nic 1 August 2016, 17:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
This was an interesting question put to me by a client who was a bit weary of onboarding to a cloud based solution with Machine Learning etc...

He asked me this and I will post to you:

What would happen if an employee of Webroot or an account admin was compromised, or went rogue and changed the rules so that every system was essentially unusable?

Thanks
John
Obviously not something we want to happen 🙂  There's a robust internal security team that keeps watch on everything to avoid both internal and external threats.  Plus we do a good job of vetting people before we hire them!

In case of an accident we do have the ability to roll back changes in our own database and we have redundant data centers to make sure that we don't have a significant outage.  The people on our threat research team who have access to the database are well trained and vetted, to minimize that risk as well.