Solved

What happens to "Unidentified Software" if I do NOT create an override

Userlevel 4
Hi:

What happens to "Unidentified Software" if I do NOT create an override, i.e. which setting(s) in the policy control "Unidentified Software."

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by nic 28 May 2015, 17:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Until software is identified, it will monitor that process and make a record of changes it makes in case that software turns out to be malicious.  If that is the case, it can then roll back any changes made.  

This does put a burden on the computer while the software is in that state, so you'll want to either create the override or contact our support folks to get that software whitelisted.
Userlevel 4
Hi Nic:

Got it, thanks.  I wanted to make sure Unidentified Software is not handled/related to the action for Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) in the policy.  Sounds like they're not related.  And, Unidentified Software will not be quarantined by Webroot.  Journaling/machine performance is the only concern.  I think I'm on the right track here, ya?

Thank you!
Bob
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep you're on the right track.  The software won't be quarantined until we make a determination on our end, unless it's behavior is obviously malicious from the getgo.