what makes an active Webroot account disappear?

• 29 August 2016
  • 7 replies

I recently did some computer installations and added 3 Webroot accounts at one of our locations. After the installations, an existing installation that was on a different computer disappeared from the console. Webroot still shows on the actual computer though. What would cause this? It has happened at other installations as well..

Thank you.
Lisa

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok just let me know and I can open a ticket, or your coworker can go here to get it started:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

That means you have 10 available since only 55 are active. When you deactivate a machine then it frees up the license. Also if you need to install new machines you can go over your license count and then true up later. We don't want to slow you down if you have last minute computer requests for a new employee that they didn't bother to tell you about until the day before they start 🙂
I will need to involve the coworker, as the afftected pcs are her area and not mine.
A question tho...
We currently have 65 licenses, 55 are active and 6 are deactivated. Does that mean we have 10 available or 4?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah they'll need to work with you to collect logs from the machines involved. We have a tool to do the upload, but you (or your colleague) will need to run that on the affected computers.
Would support have to gain entrance to our Webroot via me or do they have other means to investigate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'd suggest we have support take a look and see if they can pinpoint what the problem is from looking at the logs. Would you like me to open up a ticket for you?
Nic,
I agree, it sounds really bizzare. What happened is this... a coworker added Webroot to all of her front end servers quite awhile back. Now I am replacing computers for our back offices and am installing Webroot on 3 new computers. After I did this, my coworker went into Webroot and noticed that her Webroots disappeared from the console at all 3 locations I had been at. When she accessed the servers on her side, Webroot still showed up on her server and looked proper.

Apparently, this also happned a year or so ago on another one of her servers after I did installs on my side.

There should not be any firewall issues as her server and my computers share the same firewall settings.

Help, oh wise one!

Lisa
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you worked with support yet on this? Typically when endpoints aren't reporting in then it's a firewall issue where the communication is being blocked. They shouldn't completely vanish from the console though - that sounds strange.