Solved

Why won't my agent commands run?

I have a PC that I set the polling interval for 15 minutes. It updates the Last Seen every 15 minutes. I then issue an agent command (Scan). The command sits in the Recent & Outstanding Commands window with a status of "Not yet received". No matter the polling interval OR if I go to the PC and right-click the webroot icon and select "Refresh configuration". The agent command never gets run. Tech Support has not been able to help me with this. Any ideas from the community?
icon

Best answer by nic 22 July 2016, 18:00

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The only trick I've heard of is to push a scan command right after the agent command. Have you tried that one yet? Unfortunately this feature was mostly design as a tool for our support folks to run test scrips, and isn't really ready for prime time as a fully feature remote execution tool.
Hi Nic,

Please elaborate on what you mean when you say "push a scan command after the agent command".  What/where is "push"?

Thanks,

Milt
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry, I meant just issue a scan command from the console - that should be under the agent commands section.
The problem is that agent commands won't run. You want me to run more agent commands?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Oh sorry, I misread your original post. I thought you were trying to run an exe via an agent command, rather than just a basic scan.

What did support say? Do you have a ticket number I can look up? I can pester the folks in support if the ticket isn't getting a good resolution.
Ticket #'s 31797 & 31616.

Thanks,

Milton
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I see that the first ticket is waiting on logs, and the second one the logs uploaded and the agent didn't find anything amiss and was wanting to know if the commands were still stuck in the queue?
The agents commands (scan) are still stuck in the queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I'll ping the agent on the case and let him know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
He suggested trying an uninstall and reinstall on one of the affected machines to see if that gets them responding again.
The uninstall & reinstall worked!! Thanks! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad that did the trick!