Solved

Will reformatting my PC erase Endpoint Protection?

• 8 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Yes stupid question as stated in the subject.

But to make long story short I use to work for a company 3 months ago. They installed Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection on my personal laptop because I use it for work. I don’t work for them anymore as I have moved country and can’t be bother contacting their IT to get it removed from their central console. Now I notice they left their Webroot on my laptop and cannot delete it or even open it. It tells me to contact system administrator bla bla bla…  

Well my laptop is very slow at times now so I am thinking of reformatting and doing a clean wipe of my PC. Will this successfully remove Webroot from my PC?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by coscooper 8 November 2020, 16:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@ditdit  - the short answer is yes. The agent is tied to another console and it is just software with a kernel driver. If you wipe out your operating system, then yes, it’ll be gone.

A quicker, easier method before wiping is to simply uninstall the agent using SafeMode.

Boot into safemode, which does not launch the kernel extension, giving you the ability to uninstall the agent as a local admin.

Run the following uninstall command through command line application:
NOTE: Start command as administrator for best results.

c:\program files (x86)\webroot\wrsa.exe -uninstall

The agent should safely uninstall itself.