Will Webroot work on a computer without internet access

• 20 December 2016
  • 3 replies

I have a client that has a few workstations that live not connected to the internet.  We connect them periodically (once a month) to apply updates etc, but they stay disconnected most of the time.   They do get files added to them every couple of days via local network or through USB drive.  So I would like to make sure they have protection still.  Most new AV's use the cloud for scanning and those solutions wont work.  Will Webroot work under this scenario for daily scans.  We use it on the rest of the workstations but they are all connected to the internet.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and welcome to our Community.

You are correct, AV's that use the cloud require an internet connection to check the "definitions" on our Servers. You would ideally want to find a solution where you can manually update the definitions by an offline means: USB drive, CD, etc.
@
JP wrote: You would ideally want to find a solution where you can manually update the definitions by an offline means: USB drive, CD, etc.
Is this possible?  We have recently installed Webroot, but are having trouble accessing the cloud server for virus definition updates due to proxy/firewall issues.  If I could load the definitions manually, it would be a rgeat stop gap measure until we can get automatic updates from the cloud server.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
No, not with Webroot. It is all stored in the Cloud and requires an internet connection.

Sorry, I should've been more clear. When I said "ideally want to find a solution" I meant you would need to use something else other than Webroot.