Windows 7 No Entry for Webroot in Programs and Features

• 2 October 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +5
Greetings,

Am testing webroot and attempting an uninstall, however, there are no entrys in programs and features to accomplish this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Greetings,

Am testing webroot and attempting an uninstall, however, there are no entrys in programs and features to accomplish this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
You probably have that setting turned off in the policy for that machine.  If you log into your console you'll see it under the Basic Configuration section.  While you're in there you can also deactivate the machine to do the uninstall that way.
Badge +5
Thanks for the quick response Nick.  The following is in the policy applied to the endpoint:
Show SecureAnywhere in Add/Remove Programs = On

Other checks?

Thanks!

Joe
Badge +5
Have deactivated about 5 minutes before posting this.  What is the usual delay before the uninstall process should begin?

Thansk!

Joe
Badge +5
Nic,

I refreshed the configuration and the uninstall occurred.  Still don't know why it wasn't in Progs and Features, but no matter since there is a workaround.

Thanks for the tip.

Joe
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Cool, glad the de-activate did the trick.

As to it not showing, the first thing I'd double-check is that the PC is in the correct policy that is the one you were looking at.  If so, then to troubleshoot would you be able to create a fresh new policy?  If you'd like I can have support contact you to go into it further.  If not, I understand, since you just wanted the program uninstalled 🙂
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Have deactivated about 5 minutes before posting this.  What is the usual delay before the uninstall process should begin?

Thansk!

Joe
Hi @,

it depends on the 'poll interval' which you've set in your policy.

A manual refresh instantly polls the current settings and commands.