WRDatapkgLPPlugin_x64.dll

• 15 February 2014
  • 1 reply

I purchased Webroot a long time ago because i heard it was good, but i have a question.  If it is suppose to stop threats why did i get the LPPlugin _x64.dll problem and then the Webroot rep tells me that the Registry needs to be fix, Restore Point needs to be fix, Windows update needs to be fix, Over all (Optimisation)
And then trys to sell me the following Windows Expert:-, Bestbuy/Staple:- $250 one time fix assurance 30-60 days., Online Tech Support:- $199.98 fix the current issue, assurance for 1yr., Total Defence PC Tune up for 1 yr. upto 3 computer.

Has anyone else gone through this?  He said this problem was caused by some virus trying to get in.  I am not a computer expert but I do purchase software to protect my computer.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello @ and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Please don't use any other Unofficial support channel except from Webroot itself or if you got a Best Buy Subscription Service Plan can you please download this Toolbar Fix Tool and run it and reboot and please let us know if it corrects the issue as that file has to do with the Password Manager Toolbar and is missing! If not please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you fix this free of charge!

HTH,

Daniel 😉