Solved

WSA client in a Ghost image

• 13 June 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello,

I would like to ask how to put/prepare WSA client in a Ghost image before doing a sysprep?

Kind reagards,
Gyozo
icon

Best answer by rikardz 13 June 2013, 14:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
I belive the best way is to just add the installation file and let SecureAnywhere install on the first run - (possiblywith the "clone" option).

Rename the EXE to "your-keycode.EXE" and the installation only takes about 6 seconds - no user input needed. OR prepair an MSI package with your key code and let that one run on the first startup.

// Rikard
Userlevel 5
Interesting question, I would like to learn the answer to this as well.
Userlevel 5
Hello Gyozo,

When using any type of image you will want to deploy WSA after the image has been loaded to prevent the WSA identifiers from lining up and causing endpoints that replace eachother in the console at each poll interval.

If sysprep, smart deploy, etc, are run then it is a good idea to ensure that a new SID is generated. WSA will create a unique Instance MID based on the new SID eliminating the need for the use of the -clone installation switch.

Micorsoft states that generating a new SID after loading images is no longer "required" so if you choose to not generate a new SID while running sysprep, WSA will have to be intalled using  the -clone installation switch.

Thank you Gyozo and please let us know if you have any further questions,

Shawn Townsend  |  US Enterprise Support Team Lead 

WEBROOT INC.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi again,

I remember Webroot old product, WASCE client was very easy to deploy: all we had to do was:

1. install the client on the samle PC
2. delete a Webroot registry key called "su"  -- if this was missing, Webroot client created it on first run and it was always unique
3. create the Ghost image file and deploy

Can we do something similar with the new client?
If not, I would suggest it as a new idea to develop to make life easier for admins.