wssyncmlnps com.wssnps risk message samsung s4

Webroot say I am at risk for the following: wssyncmlnps com.wssnps and I cant uninstall it, it safe?

20 replies

Same warning. This just started. Samsung SGH-I927, Android 2.3.6, kernel 2.6.36.3, gingerbread.uckl1
More info: webroot 3.6.0.6579, defs 765
Did a factory reset still getting same message. It just started today.
From what I understand, it's an updating service that Android uses to sync messages. It may have just been classified as a trojan by Webroot's standards... Can anyone confirm?
Having the same issue on my Galaxy S4 as of today.
I'm getting the same error message on Samsung Note 3.  Webroot can't delete the file.  Can't find the file using another program that is set to show hidden files.  What's up?
Heard back from tech support, it is a issue and they are working on fix. Thanks all
Same thing on Samsung Note 3.....just started this morning.  When I try to uninstall  wssyncmlnps com.wssnps through webroot's service it will not uninstall.  What's the sccop ? Is this a real threat or not and if not then why did Webroot just now start picking this up ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Heard back from tech support, it is a issue and they are working on fix. Thanks all
Thanks for coming back and letting us know!
Here is the latest:
Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. 

It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you report and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report.
I have spent way too much time trying to figure this Trojan threat on my phone. Can't wait for these experts to figure it out. How will we be notified when it's fixed?
Def set 770 seems to have eliminated the mis-diagnosis on SGH-I927 Captivate Glide w/gingerbread.
I am still having trouble
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I am still having trouble
It should be updated - if you're still having problems and are sick of hitting Ignore, then you can try uninstalling and re-installing WSA.
Issue fixed
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad to hear it - did the reinstall do the trick?
Yes it did!
I'm glad this issue is resolved. Thank you. But how do I opt out of email updates to this blog? Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I'm glad this issue is resolved. Thank you. But how do I opt out of email updates to this blog? Thank you
You can go here to manage your subscriptions and turn any off that you no longer want to be updated for.