Important Webroot Product Announcement
Webroot is announcing the end of sale and end of life for Webroot Business Mobile Protection, and due to the mobile protection end of life, we will no longer offer Webroot Business User Protection, with the mobile service closedown planned for April 15, 2020 (the “end of life date”).
This change will not impact any consumer products or the BrightCloud® Mobile Security SDK used by Webroot technology partners.
How will this impact you?
The end of sale and end of life notice for Business Mobile Protection will have the following implications:
- This announcement serves as a 30-day notification of the end of sale and end of life for the Business Mobile Protection product.
- As of May 15, 2019, no further sales or renewals will be accepted for Business Mobile Protection.
- As of April 15, 2020, Webroot will discontinue the Business Mobile Protection product, and no further support will be provided.
- If your Business Mobile Protection subscription term expires after May 15, 2019, you will be unable to renew your contract and should take steps and measures to deploy an alternative mobile protection product or service.
- If your Business Mobile Protection subscription term expires after April 15, 2020, you will be contacted by Webroot to discuss appropriate options.
- You will continue to receive fully supported use and operation of Business Mobile Protection until the end of your subscription term, or the end of life date, whichever is sooner.
We continue to see fragmentation in the mobile management market among key technologies such as device management, malware protection, application management, containment, and others. These technologies are better aligned to a corporate enterprise market, and we have determined Webroot Business Mobile Protection no longer serves market needs.
We understand that you may be inconvenienced by this decision. Webroot believes that securing internet access and stopping malware is mandatory for mobile devices within the framework of a compelling and dynamic service offering. We intend to revisit the demands and requirements of this market in the future.
Thank you for your support and for being a Webroot customer. We truly hope we can continue to serve your IT security needs going forward.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Support team.