Are mobile devices considered "endpoints" in most companies?

• 16 November 2012
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 288 replies
I know we think so at Webroot - which is why we stress the importance of mobile security at BYOD companies - but do you think most COMPANIES agree?

Even with all the stories of Android malware out there today, does leadership think it's a concern?

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts,

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Hello,
I feel as though any device being used in a company environment whether it is BYOD or not should be protected by an AV and all web traffic should be filtered.

I have seen worms/file infectors/code injector type infections spread like wildfire without the proper protection.

With web filtering in place you can help prevent your users from going to malicious sites and stay on task to improve productivity. Our web filtering product can be setup in a way that BYOD's can be filtered when at the office but not filtered when they go home which is very popular these days.

With WSA in place you can prevent these infections from executing and spreading which will save you a lot of resources in the long run.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions on protecting Enterprise Environments.
Shawn T
Webroot Enterprise Support