Solved

iPhones doesn't retrieve phone number and no Device Settings tab

• 23 April 2013
  • 4 replies

I just did a bulk enrollment, and the iPhones aren't retrieving the phone number. And when I double click on one, there isn't a Device Settings tab. Is this a bug, or did I miss a step? I did create and install the Apple certificate before I did the enrollment.
icon

Best answer by garchuleta 24 April 2013, 20:52

View original

4 replies

Badge +2
Hello,

The 'Clear Passcode' option allows the admin to unlock the device. The user will then have 60 minutes to enter a new passcode. This option does not however allow the user to use the device without a passcode.

Hope this helps.

Greg A.
Webroot Enterprise Support

Does the 'Clear Passcode' option allow the user to use the device without a passcode? Reason being, our pilots don't want to have to put in a passcode on their iPads while they are flying.
Badge +2
Hello,

To add to my initial response, when installing Webroot Mobile protection, it does more than just install the safe browser. It also installs Mobile protection to all iOS profiles on the device as well as allowing for passcode enforcement, as well as Wipe, Lock, and Clear Passcode options. So, some funtionality is still there but it is still somewhat limited in what you can see on your side.

Hope this helps clear this issue up a bit.

Thanks again,

Greg A.
Badge +2
Hello,

Great question! The reason that the iOS devices will not show a device settings tab or phone # in the SecureAnywhere portal is because only the Safe browser option is currently available for iOS devices. Due to the restrictions from Apple, we were unable to add this feature as we have for the Android devices at the time of implementation. We are currently working on getting an app approved through apple directly, however until that happens, functionality is limited when it comes to mobile iOS devices.

Thanks!
Greg A.