Problem with phone numer of new device

Userlevel 1
Hi, I installed Webroot SecurAnyhere (WSA, 5 units) on another mobile phone. The new device appeared in my WSA web console after some minutes, but with the wrong phone number +491 (760) 000-0000 (just the country code +49 is ok, as I am located in Germany). Moreover, this wrong number was set in the mobile phone as primary number!

So I tried to correct the number with "edit" in the web console, but even trying many formats, on saving I always end with the error message "No valid country code / No valid phone number". I tried formats using - , paranthesis, spaces, entering the country code in the first field etc etc.... nothing worked.

Astonishingly the number for another phone, defined earlier, works (e.g. I can remote lock the phone), but when I try to edit (formally) and save the same number by new, I get the same error message.

--> Can anybody help me how to enter /correct phone numbers in the WSA console?

(there are two entry fields: when do I have to use the first filed? What about separators etc?)

--> Does anybody know any other reason why this does not work?

--> What is the principle behind: Does WSA write the phone number into the mobile phone on installation of WSA on the phone, or is it written by communication with the WSA console?

Any hint is highly appreciated !!!! - Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Albert1

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Albert1,

You are welcome. Please keep us posted about this issue and how Webroot Support helped you if you get a chance. Because it would be valuable information for us and others with similar issues.

Thank you,
Sherry
Userlevel 1
Hi Ssherij,
thanks for sharing your idea, but it didn´t help. So I will submit a support ticket ... or continue with the existing one, as I was already in contact with the support team, were I got the hint to contact the WSA community 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Albert1,

Would you try something for me and see if it helps to change this issue? I noticed when signing into the Account Console I open the "Users" and where your email is located then you have "Admin" in one section and "Access in the next section. Click on Edit. Scroll to the bottom of this page and select your Time zone. Look for Germany. Beligium ..etc and select. Then save. I am not sure if this will help but it's just a thought. I changed mine to United States, New York, Buffalo, etc. Otherwise it is best to Submit that Support Ticket as Baldrick has same issue. As well as Sheltieuk.

Yes "Admin" is not showing for Mobile. Only Access..

Sorry I cannot be more help.
Userlevel 7
Hi Albert1

This is almost exactly the same for me except that I am having the issue with the +44 / UK international prefix PLUS the first phone registered has the right number although the format is, as you say, weird...but when I try to replicate that same format with the right number for the other phone...I get the same message as you do. 😫

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Dear all,
@TripleHelix : I am based in Germany.

@Ssherjj: thanks for your hints! - I checked the access rights in the WSA console. I have admin rights for WSA itself and for all PCs, but for mobile phones just "access". Level "admin" is not offered for mobiles phones?! --> Do you know how I can change this?

I uninstalled WSA on the mobile phone in question, installed gain, etc. same issue.....
If I enter the country code +49 in the left hand field:

I get the message "country code not valid".
If I enter the complete number including the country code in the right field:

I get the message "invalid phone number". So the country code seems to be ok in the right hand field?

Again....astonishingly the phone number of a different phone I installed earlier works, even if the format looks very strange (the first digit of the local number is attached to the country code, the remaining digits are grouped in a strange way with parenthesis, - , and spaces.... but remote control e.g. for remote locking the phone works! The problem is that I can´t remember how this number was was defined at that time 😪 .... and trying to edit this number formally and saving the same (!) number by new ends with the same error messages as displayed when edit the new one.....

regards, Albert1
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I am guessing that there may be something amiss with non-North American phone numbers as Sheltieuk & I are based in the UK? @Albert1 where are you based?
Could be???

Userlevel 7
I am guessing that there may be something amiss with non-North American phone numbers as Sheltieuk & I are based in the UK? @Albert1 where are you based?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Mine shows normal on the Online Console.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I have a similar problem, this is what i see on the web console for my mobile phone:-

I am unable to edit this number, does the Webroot Android app pick up the number from the phone? if it does this is probably why I have a problem as my phone number is not hard coded in to the phone it is only available from the Sim card. The only way I can find to do this is to root the phone which is something I've no wish to do!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Sherry

Am not saying that what you have suggested will not work for Albert1...just that it, unfortunately, does not work for me. Albert1 should still follow your guidance in case it is a phone thing and he is able to profit from your sage advice.

Otherwise it will have to be the Support Ticket. 😉

Regards, Baldrick

Well I sure did appreciate you chiming in...teamwork always helps!!😁
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherry

Am not saying that what you have suggested will not work for Albert1...just that it, unfortunately, does not work for me. Albert1 should still follow your guidance in case it is a phone thing and he is able to profit from your sage advice.

Otherwise it will have to be the Support Ticket. 😉

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Sherry

Was just trying all of that re. my 2 phones...and unfortunately I have a similar problem to Albert1, except in my case both phones have the same number...LOL...and what has been suggested does not seem to work at all.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the Console in this case. 😫

I will keep trying but to me it is looking very much like a Support Ticket.

Regards, Baldrick

Hi Baldrick!

Thank you for the heads up. Sorry to hear that my response will not work. So yes contacting the Support Team is the best for Albert1.

Much appreciated kind Sir!😊
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherry

Was just trying all of that re. my 2 phones...and unfortunately I have a similar problem to Albert1, except in my case both phones have the same number...LOL...and what has been suggested does not seem to work at all.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the Console in this case. 😫

I will keep trying but to me it is looking very much like a Support Ticket.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Albert1,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues.

Please check your User permissions in the Online Account Console. Making sure it is set to Adminstrator/Access. Then try editing your phone number again. If that does not work then I would uninstall Webrootby making sure you save or write down your keycode and go into the Account Console and click REMOVE device.

Then reinstall Webroot and put in the right phone number. Then you might have to wait till the device registers into the Webroot Cloud. Also you can add your keycode in the Account Console under Keycodes.

Have a look at the Mobile User Guide

If all fails then Please Submit that Support Ticket and they will gladly straighten this out for you free of charge.

Hope this helps?