Webroot mobile lock screen on iphones

• 17 July 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Is there anyway to increase or disable the lock screen on iphones after webroot has been installed?

We are having problems when using google maps or co-pilot on the iphones while driving. the screen keeps locking out making it difficult to use as a sat-nav device.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks
Rob

4 replies

Userlevel 7
It sounds like the auto-lock might be set to too low of a timeframe for a long drive. To change this, adjust your iPhone's settings. Go to Settings > General > Auto-lock and change the screen timeout to a higher value. Does that help?
I don't think you can and I don't have an iphone infront of me.
Tthe policy on teh webrrot console only gives you the option of 1 or 2 minutes.

Thansk for the response
Rob

Userlevel 7
Good point! 2 minutes seems like it could be a headache for a lot of users. On the other hand, the longer this is set to, the greater the chances of an unattended phone being picked up and rummaged through by a thief. There is some balance to be struck there, but an option for a longer time period seems like a reasonable setting to offer an admin. I'd suggest that this be handled as a feature request. If you could please put in an idea in the Feature Requests area, we can bring this up our mobile product manager.
Userlevel 7
It looks like somebody made a feature request for this just now.  Please add your kudos to the feature request if it's something you'd like to see.  🙂