Solved

Can't Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere on Catalina

• 10 October 2019
  • 11 replies

Badge +1
Hi - When quitting Webroot, going into applications and dragging to the bin, I keep getting this message: 'The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.'

Is someone able to help?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 10 October 2019, 17:31

View original

11 replies

Badge +3
Same problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @NVSABL & @troy.lynch

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please boot your Mac into Safe Mode and uninstall Webroot from there.

To start up in safe mode:
  1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. ...
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.
UninstallWSA on Mac Computer
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

If this fails then please Submit a Support Ticket
and they will be able to assist you with the uninstall of Webroot. Free of charge with your Webroot subscription.

You can also Contact Webroot Support by phone.. HERE

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
If the GUI instructions don't work, one can use these terminal sudo commands to force WSA to stop running and then one can manually remove the files from the system.

code:
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Mac Users: May I suggest that one does not use Sudo Commands if you are unfamiliar with the Sudo Commands on a Mac. You can brick your system if applied incorrectly.

It's best to submit a Support Ticket and they will send you the right Sudo commands for your Mac.

Please look HERE.
Badge +1

Hi, I am having the same problem. “ When quitting Webroot, going into applications and dragging to the bin, I keep getting this message: 'The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.'”

I am unable to login to Webroot, uninstall Webroot, or even get anyone from Support to fix the issue. Can anyone here help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@krissunshine 

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried uninstalling Webroot in “safe mode”? See reply #2 for specifics.

If that is unsuccessful, your best option is support, not this forum. FWIW, support remotely uninstalled my Webroot in minutes when I called them.  

Good luck. 

Userlevel 7

FWIW, support remotely uninstalled my Webroot in minutes when I called them.

@BurnedByCatalina Have you seen any files when you look at:

/Library/Application Support/Webroot/

I’m still running Mojave and I want a clean slate on WSA before upgrading to Catalina when the next Catalina version comes out. Just wondering if Support cleaned out ALL the files after the remote session. If so, I’ll have to go there also. Here is what I have now on Mojave with WSA uninstalled, about 57 MB of folders:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ProTruckDriver

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

There is still one folder there after support did their remote uninstall. It is named “BackNSync”, and it is 12.6 MB.

Not sure if it is relevant, but I told the tech that:

• I was planning to temporarily install a competitive product while Webroot ‘fixed’ the Catalina compatibility issue, which I successfully did;
  • I planned to return to Webroot after the Catalina compatibility issue was resolved, which I have not yet done.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7

Thank you @BurnedByCatalina 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Badge +1

It took three tries while in safe mode, but the trick worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @Boilerking76 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Happy to hear you accomplished your mission. :wink: