Solved

Can uninstall or reinstall webroot

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I'm trying to uninstall webroot and reinstall it on my mac. I went to finder and deleted the app but it won't go away. I tried to reboot into safe mode but it hung. I reset the SMC and PRAM and tried again but it didn't work. Then I downloaded webroot again and tried to install. Double clicking on the installer does nothing. Any suggestions? This is urgent. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 22 April 2019, 23:58

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @webdevguy,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Please click Webroot on in the upper task bar in the right corner and click shut down Webroot. Then go to applications from the Finder and click on uninstall and follow the prompts. I'd give you complete instructions but I'm on a cell phone right now but I'll try pinging @ProTruckDriver for assistance.

Hope this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
To uninstall Webroot from a Mac,
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

Reinstall On a Mac

1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere installer to your Mac.
  2. Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  3. Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  4. To install Webroot from Best Buy Geek Squad click here
  5. Double-click samac.dmg to open the installer.
  6. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.
  7. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and click Activate.
  8. If prompted, confirm the installation by entering your Apple system password and click OK.
  9. Let Webroot complete the scan.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Webroot doesn't even show up in the menu bar. I can't uninstall it thru applications either. It never disappears.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @webdevguy ,

I am not at my Mac but can you choose Option Command Esc (Escape) and forcibly shutdown Webroot?

Otherwise Please Submit a Support Ticket and they can help you with this issue. Free of charge.
https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Webroot doesn't show up, even when I do that. I submitted a support ticket. Very frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good Morning @webdevguy,

Sorry to hear that. You've rebooted right? Well let us know how things went with Support if you get a chance. I've never heard of this issue before so something has definitely gone arie. Give Support 24 - 48 hours to respond and please do not submit another ticket as it would put you at the bottom of the list.

All the best,
Sherry
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Yes, many times. Safe mode hangs too, so I can't reboot that way to uninstall/reinstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Do you think you might have some hardware issues perhaps? But let's see what Webroot has to say right?

Best of luck!
Userlevel 7
Sorry for being late on your ping Sherry. We had friends over visiting on Easter.

If my memory serves me correctly I had this problem once awhile back when I was running OS El Capitan. The icon in the toolbar was missing. What I did was with WSA appearing to be installed already, I installed WSA again over the top. I believe I got a warning that WSA was already installed but the over the top made the WSA icon reappear in the toolbar. I then shut down WSA from the toolbar icon and did a satisfactory uninstall.

This worked for me running El Capitan, it may not work running a OS version above or below. It might be worth a shot at trying it though. If you try it and it doesn't work, Support will fix it for you. ☺️
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry for being late on your ping Sherry. We had friends over visiting on Easter.

If my memory serves me correctly I had this problem once awhile back when I was running OS El Capitan. The icon in the toolbar was missing. What I did was with WSA appearing to be installed already, I installed WSA again over the top. I believe I got a warning that WSA was already installed but the over the top made the WSA icon reappear in the toolbar. I then shut down WSA from the toolbar icon and did a satisfactory uninstall.

This worked for me running El Capitan, it may not work running a OS version above or below. It might be worth a shot at trying it though. If you try it and it doesn't work, Support will fix it for you. ☺️

Thank you @ProTruckDriver for your help. Hope you had a nice Easter. 😊

I'm still running El Capitan and I've never had this problem before. I hope this works though. But I think @webdevguy has tried installing over the top but it's worth a try again.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Thanks. I'm running macOS High Sierra. When I double click on the installer nothing happens. So, I can't reinstall it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry for all the inconsistencies that Webroot is causing. Let's wait for Support to handle this issue. They can remotely access your Mac and run Sudo Commands to fix this issue.

But I was just thinking..Do you have the Permissions setup in Security and Privacy giving access to "Anywhere" instead of only apps from the Apple Store? Just a thought you might want to check System Preferences and make sure nothing is blocking the reinstall?