Solved

Cannot open SecureAnywhere after reinstalling on Macbook Pro

• 3 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have downloaded and reinstalled SecureAnywhere (version 9.0.10.162) on my Macbook Pro (macOS 10.15.7) but cannot get it to open.  

WSA appears in Applications but when I double click on icon “Webroot SecureAnywhere” appears in top menubar but without any menu listing and nothing else happens.  The Webroot icon also appears in the Taskbar with small black dot beneath that suggests WSA is running but double click on it and again nothing happens.

Any suggestions woould be appreciated.

Graham

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 3 October 2020, 04:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @GrahamWollombi 

With some of the problems members are having with Webroot for Mac on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 it would be best if you contact Webroot Support.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

HTH,

Dave.

SecureAnywhere version 9.0.10.162 is old. You will want to update to the current version 9.1.3.103. Webroot sent out an e-mail a while ago encouraging users to update to this version to resolve a number of issues in Catalina, and to prepare for the forthcoming macOS Big Sur later this month.

I share ProTruckDriver’s suggestion to contact Webroot support. They will help you (be patient, they may take a day or 2 before they answer). They can also help you with updating SecureAnywhere.