Solved

Catalina version 10.15.6 for Mac - is this compatible with SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103?

• 9 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone.

Has anyone come across any incompatibility issues or problems running WebRoot SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103 under macOS Catalina 10.15.6?

I am running SecureAnywhere version 9.1.3.103 under Catalina 10.15.5

icon

Best answer by rupertsland 5 September 2020, 06:23

View original

8 replies

Hi everyone,

Just a quick follow-up. After more than 2 days, SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103 is still running fine on my MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.6. No issues to report. 

SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103:1487 running under macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Great to hear!

Cheers,

Hi TripleHelix.

I’m planning to update my Mac to Catalina 10.15.6 either this evening, or tomorrow evening. Not seeing much on the community forum that suggests there’s a problem with compatibility with 9.1.3.103.

PVaddi responded a couple weeks ago to say there Webroot didn’t encounter any issues.

I posted my question to see whether others were running into any issues after updating Catalina with 9.1.3.103 already installed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks @rupertsland 

Also here is the Direct download for v9.1.3.103 in case you need it and it’s only for Catalina and above only: https://mac.webrootmultiplatform.com/production/wsa-mac/10.15/9.1.3.103/WSAMAC.dmg

Cheers,

Hi TripleHelix.

Just wanted to let you know that I successfully installed Catalina 10.15.6 last night. The update went smoothly and it didn’t take too long. After logging back in the Webroot icon appeared in the dock as usual, and then scanned my hard disk without any issues. SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103 was already installed prior to the update.

Webroot SecureAnywhere appears to be running fine under Catalina 10.15.6. No issues to report. No error messages.

Has anyone experienced no problems after installing Catalina 10.15.6 with SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103 already installed? (i.e., installed the OS update after updating to 9.1.3.103)

Hi everyone,

Since posting the above question I was informed by PVaddi that 9.1.3.103 is compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (see posting here). Thanks for this info.

One incident with Catalina 10.15.6 was posted by Aqeels on Aug 10 (see posting here), in which the scan would not stop (i.e., continue for several days). Unfortunately, I don’t know what the version of SecureAnywhere was installed on Aqeels’ mac, because there was no version mentioned in the posting.

In the meantime, I’ve temporarily postponed the update to macOS Catalina 10.15.6 until I learn more about the above incident.

Mac users who want/need to postpone updates can do this by clicking on Cancel Scheduled Updates under Software Update under System Preferences (see screenshot below). You may be asked again to update in about 10 days.

This is just my opinion... Be aware that postponing updates will bring you closer to Apple’s macOS Big Sur update later this fall. So, that could lead to a longer update process. Anyway, now might be a good time to begin the process of backing up all your personal files to an external drive, if you haven’t already done so, and delete files and apps you don’t need. And yes, one can also postpone the Big Sur update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @rupertsland all I can do is ping @PVaddi  to see what she has to say!

Thanks,