COmpatible with macOS Catalina?

• 8 October 2019
  • 40 replies

Show first post

40 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I understand it takes time to do the great work that you do...my ONLY complaint: I would have waited to update my Mac to Catalina if The Webroot Community Dispatch--or ANY form of heads up from Webroot had informed me of these issues in time.  I feel let down by the product I had such faith in.  

Tonight, the Webroot app is asking to control my computer by using accessibility features--something I would normally give the go-ahead for but since WSA is not currently working, who knows what to do now?!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I understand it takes time to do the great work that you do...my ONLY complaint: I would have waited to update my Mac to Catalina if The Webroot Community Dispatch--or ANY form of heads up from Webroot had informed me of these issues in time.  I feel let down by the product I had such faith in.  

@practicality 

Well said. 

See this post. Webroot knew that the pending Catalina release was going to impact their software. Unfortunately, in my opinion, they did a poor ‘job’ of communicating this information to their customers. 

Nevertheless, I LOVE my Webroot, and will reinstall it as soon as it is compatible with Catalina. It is my sincere hope that management ‘learns’ from this experience, and adopts a more assertive communication style going forward. For starters, they could tell us ‘how’ they plan to compensate impacted customers for ‘lost’ subscription days.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hi @BurnedByCatalina , we hope to have another update for you tomorrow. Thanks for the constructive feedback so that we can improve upon our communication for future releases like this. 

More updates soon. 

Drew

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I agree with BurnedByCatalina, and am trying to stick with WSA b/c I believe they are the best available protection...but Burned was right on every point--Webroot let us all down since they knew there was a problem with the update but did not notify us all in time.  So avoidable.  We would have gladly waited to update to Catalina--if only the folks at Webroot had warned us that they were not yet working with Catalina.  That simple.  And just that wrong of Webroot not to warn us!

Badge +1

So do I uninstall Webroot until the fix is completed or do I continue on without Webroot OR the Catalina OS? Patience is a good thing but there hasn’t been any communication to your subscribers on ANY progress. Where are you on this? Ten percent complete? 50 percent complete? Almost there?

I wrote to Webroot about uninstall directions and they recommended NOT to uninstall. The software files on my MacBook Pro do not show an uninstall .exe so I have no idea how to uninstall it. The traditional way of dragging it to the trash can does not work. Guess we’ll all just have to wait until mid-November when the new release is available.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@VABelle ,

Waiting is an option; it is not your only option. 

I was not willing to ‘run’ my computer without any ‘protection’. So, I called Webroot, and one of their techs helped me to uninstall their software. Doing this allowed me to temporarily install a competitive security product, and use my computer again.   

For the record, I do not ‘trust’ the competitive product as much as Webroot. It is, however,  ‘something’ until Webroot is compatible with Catalina. 

Userlevel 7

So do I uninstall Webroot until the fix is completed or do I continue on without Webroot OR the Catalina OS? Patience is a good thing but there hasn’t been any communication to your subscribers on ANY progress. Where are you on this? Ten percent complete? 50 percent complete? Almost there?

I wrote to Webroot about uninstall directions and they recommended NOT to uninstall. The software files on my MacBook Pro do not show an uninstall .exe so I have no idea how to uninstall it. The traditional way of dragging it to the trash can does not work. Guess we’ll all just have to wait until mid-November when the new release is available.

@VABelle When you tried to uninstall Webroot from your MacBook Pro did you follow these instructions. Webroot needs to be turned off in order to uninstall:

Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

Just to let you know @VABelle Webroot leaves files behind after the uninstall. To fully uninstall ALL FILES you will need to get Webroot Support to do Sudo Commands on your MacBook Pro. AND ONLY USE WEBROOT’S SUDO COMMANDS.

These are the files left behind after a uninstall as posted above that need Sudo Commands to remove:

Badge +1

Is there a work in progress for an update?  I had to uninstall because of the update.  It made my wacom pad unable to connect with my computer.  Now I can't reinstall because it says it’s incompatible. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@vettevill,

Webroot is working on a version of their software that will be compatible with Catalina.

Their latest update, complete with estimated timing, can be found here.

Badge +1

Hey, 

Not sure who you purchased your webroot software through. But Best Buy is actually handling the situation the right way and is offering webroot users a different internet security. Contact geek squad If this could pertain to you. 
 Webroot really dropped the ball and contacting them directly was just a waste of time  

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey, 

Not sure who you purchased your webroot software through. But Best Buy is actually handling the situation the right way and is offering webroot users a different internet security. Contact geek squad If this could pertain to you. 
 Webroot really dropped the ball and contacting them directly was just a waste of time  

I received Webroot with my purchase of Macbook Pro a couple years ago. It’s also on all my other Apple products. I think I’ll wait it out and see if the fix comes across mid-November as stated. Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Can someone pleeeeassse respond with the compatible download of Webroot for MacBooks (Catalina).   I have so many issues.  Right now, I have it deleted completely.  When I delete it however, it does not ask if I want to uninstall.  When I reinstall, it does not ask for my key code.  Optimizer did not work after I downloaded the “compatible” version and System Analyzer didn’t check off tasks.  This morning, I noticed red by account info and didn’t see my key code. Then it came back but disappeared from my menu bar.  Even when I download exactly as instructed, I cannot open it at all to run a scan etc.  I even tried doing all of this in safe mode.  What is the version that is compatible.  Is it 9.0__ or 9.1__.  I’ve seen both.  Also, what should the MB be.  First I see 1.8MB and then 4.7MB.  So frustrating.  I don’t know what to do.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@kkparr33 

I hope that you receive an answer. However, it is unlikely that anyone on this forum will be able to completely resolve your issues.  

Please consider contacting  support (i.e., “send a message”, or “find phone numbers”). 

FWIW - I have had more success calling. Namely, they helped me to uninstall Webroot, so that I could install a competitive product that ‘worked’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@kkparr33 ,

Please use the instructions in this article to get Webroot to play nice with Catalina: https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&solutionid=3466

If you’re still having trouble, please contact Support

-Keenan