COmpatible with macOS Catalina?

• 8 October 2019
  • 40 replies

Badge
Just downloaded the general release of macOS 10.15 on my iMac and can not get webroot to work or uninstall. The icon is showing and when I click on it it doesn't do anything.

It was working under Maverick

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @bridon

Webroot for Mac is NOT COMPATIBLE with macOS Catalina at this time:
https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/product-update-wsa-for-macos-catalina-340517

If you are having problems uninstalling WSA Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.

*** Moving this post to Webroot SecureAnywhere - For Mac's Forum.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi all,
Please see this update from our product manager: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/product-update-wsa-for-macos-catalina-10-9-19-340620
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
The better get compatible and REALLY soon or I will uninstall and find something that is. Did they not know about this update? Just irritates me! This new update looks awesome and my computer isn't running very well right now and I wonder if it's because I haven't installed the update. Probably not, but Webroot better get on this ASAP and by ASAP I mean in the next couple of DAYS!
Userlevel 7
The better get compatible and REALLY soon or I will uninstall and find something that is. Did they not know about this update? Just irritates me! This new update looks awesome and my computer isn't running very well right now and I wonder if it's because I haven't installed the update. Probably not, but Webroot better get on this ASAP and by ASAP I mean in the next couple of DAYS!
Webroot is not the only Software that is incompatible with the new macOS Catalina there are many more programs also. My first impression was Apple wants to do away with Third Party Security Software and they want you to just use what's on the Mac. But as I read more and more into this update every day some people have no problems and others have loads of problems with other apps. I've read where people with 64 bit apps are incompatible on Catalina. Truthfully I don't know what Apple was thinking about with this upgrade. Here are some software that people running Catalina are having trouble with so it's not only Webroot:

code:
10.5 Software Update
1Password
3D Weather Globe Screensaver
3ivx
ADmitMac
Adobe Creative Cloud
AirDisplay
AJA
AJA Io HD Driver
Antidote HD
Antidote RX
App Tamer
Apple Configurator
Asepsis
AT&T Laptop Connect Card
Avast Mac Security
Avast!
Avid CoreAudio Plugin
Bark
Belkin Router Monitor
Best Youtube Downloader
Billings Pro
Box Sync
Camouflage
Canon UFRII
cDock
CHUD
Clusters
CosmoPod
DAVE
Default Folder X
Disk for iPhone
DisplayLink
DisplayPad
DivX
DoubleCommand
Dropbox
eID
ESET Cyber Security
FastCut Threshold Plugin
Final Cut Server Preference
FinderPop
Flip4Mac
FortiClient
Genieo
GlimmerBlocker
Glims
Google Japanese IM
GPGMail
Growl
Gutenprint
Hear
InstantOn
iStat Menus
iStat Server
Kanbox
KasperskyAV
KeyMagic
KinemeCore
LabTech Agent
LaCie USB 3.0 Driver
launch2net Drivers
LazyMouse
Line6 TonePort Driver
Litecoin Ticker
Little Snitch
Logitech Control Center
M-Audio Driver
Macspoofer
Magican
McAfee Internet Security
McAfee Security
McAfee VirusScan 8.6
Mou
MoveMediaPlayer
MyBook RAID Manager
Net Nanny
Norton AntiVirus
Norton Internet Security
Opswat Gears
Parallels
Parallels 2.5
Parallels Access
Pen Tablet Preference
Plaxo
Printer Software
Printopia
Pro Tools
Qmaster Components
Qmaster Preference
QQInput
QQMacMgr
QTDesktopVideoOut
QuickBooks 2009
QuickBooks 2010
QuickBooks 2011
QuickBooks 2012
QuickBooks 2013
QuickBooks 2014
QuickBooks 2015
Quicken Essentials
Rapport
Razer Audio Plugin
Razer Mamba 2012
Rubbernet
Screen Sharing
Seagate Maxtor NotificationExec
SecureVault LexarFilter
Shake
Smith Micro Internet Cleanup
SMS Widget
Snapz Pro X
Sogou IM
Sonnet Qio
Sony Palm 6 Sync Driver
Sophos AntiVirus
Sophos AV
Sophos Endpoint
Sophos Home
SophosAutoUpdate
Sound Control
SoundBunny Plugin
SourceTree
SRS iWOW
SugarSync
Suitcase Fusion
SuperDrive Update 2.1
Switcher Maestro
Sxs Memory Card Driver
Symantec Endpoint Protection
SynergyKM
TabExpose
TelldusCenter
TorchUpdater
TotalFinder
TotalSpaces
Transmit
Trend Smart Surfing
Trim Enabler
Trusteer Endpoint Protection
Undercover
Videobox TAAVPlugin
Virtru
VirusBarrier
Visor
VMWare Fusion
Vodafone
Wacom Tablet Preference
WDDriveManager
WDSmartWare
WebEx Outlook Plugin
XtraFinder
ZEVO
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well that’s a dandy list of incompatible programs!🥴 I can bet that companies are hiring all the Apple Mac Programmers out there to get their programs running!🤣
Badge +3

This not compatible list is bogus. Over 1/3 of the software list does work. And probably more than that I just know for fact 1/3 of it works jsut fine.

Badge +3

dear webroot!

i’m so disappointed. i still have over 5months subscription left...:tired_face:

u have left your customers in limbo, who have trusted your antivirus for over 5 years… i submitted the support ticket last friday, yet nothing from your support team. 

right now, i cannot even uninstall webroot completely from my laptop, and it is constantly coming up as malicious adware bundle that can not be removed. “A Threat!!!”

as i am currently traveling in Singapore can support pls contact me via my email asap! and start a chat to resolve the webroot removal issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Re. Mac incompatabilty, I trust Webroot will credit the account of those affected to cover the downtime?

Badge +1

It’s pretty poor that the Mac OS X Catalina beta was publicly released 4 months ago yet webroot have not managed to update their product before general release. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Yawnbros 

Welcome aboard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Checking in for a Catalina fix. I need to download Catalina on my iMac, iPad and Macbook Pro. Why the dragging of feet? If you can’t produce a fix soon I’ll have to cancel my subscription and go to another company.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Rico 

We are all in the same boat but we are assured ‘they’ are working tirelessly on a fix - have faith :innocent:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

So do I uninstall Webroot until the fix is completed or do I continue on without Webroot OR the Catalina OS? Patience is a good thing but there hasn’t been any communication to your subscribers on ANY progress. Where are you on this? Ten percent complete? 50 percent complete? Almost there?

Badge +3

32-bit support, NOT 64-bit as stated above, is what has been removed.  Apple has been moving this way for over a decade  And that list includes a lot of very old stuff.  Of apps that can be considered actively maintained by their developers, many were updated before Catalina was out of beta.  To just say that “it’s not just Webroot” is a tad disingenuous.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Rico

We are all in the same boat but we are assured ‘they’ are working tirelessly on a fix - have faith :innocent:

@slicker55 

I am a ‘passenger’ in this ‘boat’ as well. It is my sincere hope that you do not mind me responding to your post for Rico. 

Respectfully, this is not a “faith” issue, at least for me. We all believe that Webroot will eventually correct the compatibility problem. 

The most salient issue at this moment is communication. 

It has been approximately a week since I upgraded to Catalina, and lost my Webroot ‘protection’. I ASSume that this timing is fairly representative of our fellow ‘passengers’. 

In my opinion, the communication from Webroot during this period has been lacking. @Rico summarized the situation well: “[...] Patience is a good thing but there hasn’t been any communication to your subscribers on ANY progress. Where are you on this? [...]

Bluntly, an update, complete with estimated completion timing, is long overdue. 

Bottom Line: 

All of us with this problem ‘liked’ Webroot enough to use it. In my case, pay retail for it over the last several years. Now, we just need some ‘honest’ communication in order to determine whether this relationship can continue.  Specifically, we need to know WHEN the “fix” is expected to be ready. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@BurnedByCatalina 

Agree completely … hopefully, if someone at Webroot reads these threads, they will sense the urgency to let us all know how they’re getting on with fixing this issue and perhaps give us a timescale for when the new software will be available. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@slicker55 

Thanks for the response immediately above this post. 

It has been approximately a week since PVaddi, a Webroot employee, posted about this issue. So, I will send a PM, and request an update, complete with estimated resolution timing. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@BurnedByCatalina 

You may also wish to mention that just over a week ago I spoke to one of their techies on the phone and was told that whilst they have no definite date for a rollout, new software might be available within a week.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

PVaddi replied on another thread that a fix was expected to be available mid-November. Looks like we have another month to wait. Still looking at other options. https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080515115252EN

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

PVaddi replied on another thread that a fix was expected to be available mid-November. Looks like we have another month to wait. Still looking at other options. https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080515115252EN

It appears Norton 360 is having the same problem with compatibility. Don’t know what to do now but wait lol...

Badge +3

definately protection is important!

why isn't webroot informing their customers via email when the fix is expected?!!! why do i have to search for an update on webroot fix in the community site? you bombard your customers to resubscribe  but you can’t send this info.?

in the meantime, for those who are looking for a good antivirus, i recommend ‘bitdefender,’ according to my research it is currently ranked #1 for macs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@jihyun 

I strongly agree with your point about communication. Hopefully someone at Webroot reads your post, along with the posts from other frustrated subscribers, and adopts a more proactive communication strategy going forward. 

I cannot determine from your post if you were able to ‘find’ the latest update from Webroot on estimated resolution timing. If not, click here

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hi  @jihyun,  I talked with @PVaddi who informed me that we’re still looking at a mid-November release but the team is working hard to beat that date. @PVaddi  will update this post with additional information. 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Drew @freydrew 

Thank you for the update on the estimated timing for the Catalina ‘fix’. Now jihyun, me, and anyone else that happens to read THIS thread about the issue knows the latest (i.e., as of 10/23/19, the ETA remains mid-NOV). 

You, sir, have done an admirable ‘job’ of directing community members with questions to the update thread found here. Thank you! I do, however, have several suggestions, some clearly proposed elsewhere by other members, for improving communication going forward. They follow:

1. Webroot should start sending updates to their subscribers on a regular basis. In short, paying customers should not have to search a forum, or telephone, for updates. Webroot should be proactively sending them to us (e.g., via e-mail, or system notifications). I believe that weekly communication would suffice. As a bonus, these updates could also begin rebuilding some goodwill, if handled correctly. 
  2. Webroot should start posting regular updates on this forum. Again, I suggest weekly communication. Consider including “next update” timing with each post. For example, the 10/24/19 update would explictly commit to another communication by 10/31/19. 
  3. You could designate the ‘official’ update thread a “sticky”, if possible. Most forums have the ability to ‘flag’ a thread and keep it at the top of the page. This is done to highlight a topic of interest for multiple members within a sub-forum. This would likely reduce, but probably not completely eliminate, inter-update inquiries.

Bottom Line - This situation has been challenging for all of us, company and customer. What many customers perceive as a lack of communication, or even ‘silence’, is not helping matters. Adopting an effective and proactive communication strategy would serve to mitigate some stress.    

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hi everyone, 

@PVaddi just posted an update that I wanted to be sure that you saw. 

@BurnedByCatalina , I hear you loud and clear. If you were able to subscribe to the post you should have seen an email update sent to your community account email a few minutes ago. We’ll do our best to keep this weekly update cadence going so that you’re kept in the loop. I was able to ‘sticky’ this thread (should be at the top of the Mac forum now) to find the update post easily. 

Thanks again everyone,

Drew