Solved

Completely Stuck with Webroot Catalina installation

• 12 May 2020
  • 8 replies

I’ve been a big fan of webroot for many years, but that's changed since upgrading my iMac to Catalina.

The support response is so slow that i’ll probably have a virus before somebody replies with anything other than a click this download button, it will all work fine.

I’ve gone from a constant update window with a never ending scan to a point now where I have nothing. It won’t install it won’t do anything - nada

Maybe it’s me, but I don't thinks so, everything else works ok.

Initially I tried clicking uninstall in the about, that didn’t work. I drag it from application to the bin. Reboot, try another install, that doesn’t work. It just hangs.

Am I the only one completely stuck? I’m by no means a mac os expert so I may be making a numpty mistake. But installation doesn’t seem to kick off at all for me.

Is there a UK telephone number I can call or someone who can remote login to help?

Thank you,

Matthew

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 12 May 2020, 15:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @lickthespoon 

Yes you can call in the UK:

Derby, United Kingdom

24 Orient Way

Derby DE24 8BY

United Kingdom

Toll free: +44 (0) 800 804 7016 Tel: +44 (0) 203 349 2398

or

Dublin, Ireland

6th Floor, Block A

1 Georges Quay Plaza

Dublin, Ireland, Dublin 2

Toll free: 1 800 303 388 Tel: +353 (0) 1 630 7606

HTH,

Thank you, fixed it through the technical support. It needed a remote login and scripts to completely uninstall the existing webroot installation. The installer then worked. Anyone who has the same issue - the installer just doesn’t start, then this is probably the only route to take.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thank you, fixed it through the technical support. It needed a remote login and scripts to completely uninstall the existing webroot installation. The installer then worked. Anyone who has the same issue - the installer just doesn’t start, then this is probably the only route to take.

Great to hear!

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Please, can Webroot release these uninstall scripts as an App? There’s  way too many people with issues and problems; can we at least do a full removal & reboot and re-install without having to go through techsupport.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@10d maybe some of the Community staff can help you @khumphrey  @freydrew  @coscooper 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@10d ,

The best way to uninstall Webroot from a catalina machine without assistance from support would be using these instructions: https://community.webroot.com/macos-123/uninstall-webroot-secureanywhere-from-mac-os-catalina-343170

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@lickthespoon  and everyone else who sees this post. There is a known ‘bug’ with the 9.1.1.x version on Mac and Catalina that will not update properly. The good news is, you’re still protected. The other good news, you should be able to at least manually force it to update if these files are available.

MacintoshHD/Library/Application Support/Webroot/WRUpdate.dmg

MacintoshHD/Library/Application Support/Webroot/WSAMECSME.dmg

It may ask for keycode. I’ve seen some ask, some not. Either way, it should update the agent in place. If these are not available, maybe they were removed or possibly not there from the initial install, then it’s a full uninstall/reinstall until they can get it fixed. I’ve not heard date.

PS - i had this happen on my work Macbook, so do not feel like it’s isolated. Catalina has thrown a lot of curve balls at all vendors, so development is working through a lot of those challenges. Thanks Apple. 8-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@khumphrey : uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled - still seeing the recurring ‘Disk Access’ dialog & Blue interface on restart.

@coscooper : Those .dmg files weren’t there