Solved

Installation Issue

• 12 August 2017
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi guys, I am stuck with this one. 

I have got a new mac and I am trying to install Webroot, as you do. 

Enter my code and email address fine, get ready to install and it just stays at this point, no progression. Any ideas? Permission in System Preferences should allow Webroot :( 

Thanks guys

Brad 
icon

Best answer by Bradforth 16 August 2017, 01:48

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
HI guys

Still stuck on this one if anyone can help.

Thanks 
Brad

Userlevel 7
Hi Brad

Am not a Mac user (thankfully) but in your position I would open a support ticket post haste, and let the Support Team do their usual magic.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Brad,

Welcome back. Have you gone into System Preferences and checked install apps from Anywhere? If you already have done this then Contact Support. Check your Firewall as well. Make sure if you check "Anywhere" that you uncheck and check Mac App Store and Developers after installing Webroot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks for the replys guys. 

Good to be back, University has had me bogged down but looking to get some more me time in the near future so, here I am 🙂. 

I did glance over System Preferences Sherry but all I could find was this: 

Unless I have to somehow add Webroot to my trusted developers list, and I have no idea where that is.  (Noob Mac user alert 😛 ) 

Thanks again guys
Brad
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Brad,

I am sorry about that. You have Mac OS Sierra and it doesn't have the "Anywhere" Option.

Under such circumstances in OS X El Capitan, change the setting to 'Anywhere' and then back again post-install, for best security. In macOS Sierra, the Anywhere option is absent. However, you can launch unsigned apps in Finder by Control-clicking them and choosing Open.

Please have a look HERE for information concerning "System Preferences." I would turn off my Firewall and then try to install Webroot. But remember to turn it back on after installing Webroot.

Let us know when you get a chance if you resolve this issue or not. Ok?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Sherry

Thanks again for your help.

unfortunately neither of these have worked, I added Webroot to my firewalls trusted applications list, still no joy. I also tried turning off my firewall without much success. I also added Webroot to the list of Apps that can control my computer still not taking the hint.

I don't think I am going to have a good time with this installation any time soon. 😕 Or maybe just Mac Os lol. 

Any ideas?

Thanks again in advance. 
Brad 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hey Brad!

You are welcome!

Sorry you are having all these issues trying to install Webroot. The only other thing I can think of is, are you installing the latest version of Webroot for a Mac?
"If you are attempting to install SecureAnywhere on macOS Sierra, you will need to use the latest version of the software." You can download it here: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamac.dmg

Have a look HERE and see if this pertains to you?

EDITED: Also have you set User/ Administrator Permissions to  Read & Write? Look HERE

Otherwise you probably will need the Support Team to install Webroot with Sudo Commands. They are the only ones who can do this.

Sorry I wasn't more help...let us know what Support does. OK?:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Again Brad,

My last post was Edited!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Sherry

Thanks for all your help with this. 
I have look at permission and the like resulting in the following: 

I have also checked your other solutions to no avail 😞 I am going to have to submit a support ticket I think. I will report back with the solution. 

Thank you again
Brad 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Okay Brad, I tried everything that I know of so yes please let us know the solution to this issue.:D

Thanks!  Oh and you are most welcome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Oh Sherry, oh Sherry Sherry Sherry... You are going to be so disappointed in me... 

The reason It did not install was that I placed the installer on the desktop instead of the applications folder. 

Least it's installed and I'm protected 🙂. Thanks again guys. Best cancel that ticket ASAP before Webroot think I'm stupid or something ;P 
 Brad 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Brad,

No worries...I would never be disappointed in you. That's awesome that you figured it out. lol:D

Happy days again that Webroot is installed!:D Bravo

Thanks for letting us know!;)

I need help submitting a support ticket.  HELP.  I CAN’T INSTALL Webroot SecureAnywhere software on my MacBook Pro laptop running Catalina OS.  I’ve left notes here on Community and on the support web site but I’ve never rec’d a reply.  Problem - Webroot keeps saying I’ve not granted full file access (but I have) and, then, it won’t complete a scan.  I’ve uninstalled it for now.  I’m not happy.