Solved

Is Web Threat Shield for Safari v13 on Catalina ever coming back?

• 11 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

It’s been four months since Catalina was released to the public on October 7, 2019. Will the Web Threat Shield extension for Safari v13 on Catalina ever re-emerge?

icon

Best answer by PVaddi 12 February 2020, 15:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Chima and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket and ask them directly.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @Chima,

Our Web Threat Shield for Safari is still in the works but you can use this feature in Chrome on Catalina. 

Please use this link to get it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-threat-shield/eoocphpcalmaeflddmefmooeidpbdjmi

Thanks

Pawani

Badge +3

Thanks, Pawani.

I’m aware that I could use Chrome or Firefox, but Safari is my preferred browser of choice. Forcing users into an alternate universe that suites Webroot’s agenda is hardly a solution and can't possibly bode well for the company’s longterm image or reputation.

Catalina was in development for nearly 18 months and ultimately released over four months ago. I hope you can appreciate my frustration.

Thank you, and best wishes for continued success always!

— Chima

Badge +3

It’s been almost eight months since Catalina was released to the public on October 7, 2019, and the Web Threat Shield extension for Safari remains MIA. Asking your customers to use an alternate browser for that length of time is not a workaround; it is downright irresponsible.

It’s beginning to feel like Webroot is losing its luster amid the quagmire of mergers and acquisitions. It would only be fair to ask that you level with your customers.

— Chima