Solved

Is Webroot Ready For macOS Mojave?

• 18 September 2018
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 7
Next week Apple will release the Upgrade on Mac's to Mojave. Is Webroot Ready?
@ @
macOS Mojave Upgrdae info:
https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/macos-10-14/

Apple will be releasing macOS Mojave soon, maybe next week. I have a few questions about Webroot and macOS Mojave.

1. Is Webroot ready for the new upgrade in WSA Release and Beta?

2. With the new Security Features in Safari will Password Manager work in all browsers?

3. When upgrading to Mojave do we keep WSA installed or would it be better to uninstall, upgrade then reinstall?

4. If we keep WSA installed during the upgrade, what Version of WSA do we need before upgrading to Mojave, or does it matter?

5. Will we see the Webroot Filter icon in Safari like we see the P/W manager icon? Right now there is no Webroot Filter icon showing in Safari.

If anyone has anymore questions to add, please do so. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by PVaddi 21 September 2018, 17:38

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Thanks Dave for bring this up! 😉
Userlevel 7
Here is some info from the Article. Will this effect WSA's Password Manager?

Automatic Strong Passwords
In macOS Mojave, your Mac automatically suggests strong, unique passwords for each and every website where you need to create a login. All of these passwords are stored on your Mac, and you can even ask Siri to open up your list of iCloud Keychain passwords, which are synced across your devices.
Password management apps like 1Password will also be able to provide passwords for websites and apps through a new Password AutoFill extension that's available to developers.
You can share your passwords more easily in macOS Mojave with Password AirDrop options, which let you AirDrop your saved passwords to other devices and other people for quicker password exchanges.

Password Auditing

Apple now lets you know if you've used a password that's too weak or has been used across multiple sites with password auditing features. Your Mac will flag inadequate passwords and provide you with an option to go right to the site in question to update it with something more secure.

Security Code AutoFill

Many apps and services offer two-factor authentication, requiring a code texted to your phone number. In macOS Mojave (and iOS 12), Apple detects these incoming security codes from the Messages app and offers it as an AutoFill option so you don't need to leave the website to access the code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ still no reply from @ or @ on this? 😞 Maybe @ can get a hold of them. We still need help from a Mac Expert from Webroot to help us. 😠
Userlevel 7
@ no reply yet as the time to upgrade gets closer, September 24 (Monday) :(
https://www.apple.com/macos/mojave/
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @ & @,

Wow how did I miss this Thread? Great information and hopefully we all can get some answers from management? We need to know!
Yes, we have been thoroughly testing our product with Mojave throughout the various beta iterations. You can update your OS from 10.13 to 10.14 with WSA Mac running as usual. You do not need to uninstall and reinistall.

As usual it is always best to keep our product up to date in order to have the full spectrum of features that we offer, as well as the highest level of protection for your sysytems.

Thank you,
Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello MacDaddy,

Thanks for the information/update. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thank you Mike for the updated info. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks @ for providing the update. 

Just want to add to touch on the rest of the questions. 
Our existing extensions for Password manager and web filtering needed some work which is completed and is pending review from apple. 
Once we have that approval. The experience should be the same as it is today. 

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 7
Thank you @ for the information. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great! Thank you @!
@ wrote:
Thanks @ for providing the update. 

Just want to add to touch on the rest of the questions. 
Our existing extensions for Password manager and web filtering needed some work which is completed and is pending review from apple. 
Once we have that approval. The experience should be the same as it is today. 

Thanks
Pawani

Thought  there was a problem when I updated to Safari  12.0 on  HighSierra (10.13.6) and found the WSAC PWM was declared unsafe!   Given you were "still waiting" on Friday and NASA's Apple's Launch Window was Monday 24th then I  thought  it was a tad optimistic to expect Apple  to certify and Webroot to fully distribute by launchdate?

So I waited another 24hrs before installing Mojave and sure enough PWM still failed:

Fortunately while NASA failed your side of the pond to include  PWM and WF for Safari then at least our local EuropeanSpaceAgency had included the alternative competing (but debatably, far superior) Agile 1Password functionality, so at least I'm not "Lost-In-Space" for too long until Webroot ( hopefully/eventually ) catch's up after their Lunar orbital deviation delay?   :p 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Tony!

It is really super great to hear from you! I'm always wondering how our Mac testing guy is doing. 😉 You sound good! Humorous as always. 

Thank you for the Mojave & Webroot update. Webroot has been having issues with PWM in Firefox for some time now. So now Webroot's filters aren't working in Safari? Not good...

Take care and again thanks for chiming in. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thank you Tony for the update. ;)
I haven't upgraded to Mojave yet, I believe I'll hold off on that until the vendors catch up with Apples update since I use the Mac as my main computer. Looks like Apple caught a lot of vendors with their pants down. LOL
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Safari-users-Where-did-your-extensions-go/td-p/329755
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/09/safari-users-where-did-your-extensions-go/
It is absolutely not. I can tell you that I have experienced installion problems on multiple systems wether they were upgraded or the new Mojave fresh install (14, 14.1 and 14.2 tested).
Install is atempted, install is paused due to security, enter password, installation "finishes" however NO Webroot agent. Webroot shows in Applications. 
Can not uninstall, says app running however attempt to run app does not start it. Have to boot into Safe mode to remove. Subsequent install attempts do not work as multiple files are still in place. Attempt to search and remove all files allows a "partial" install...meaning the app starts (not at boot up), can be easily bypassed, can not add the code to authenticate it.
Similar experience with 6 different systems.
It's the weekend now, we'll see what support says...
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It is absolutely not. I can tell you that I have experienced installion problems on multiple systems wether they were upgraded or the new Mojave fresh install (14, 14.1 and 14.2 tested).
Install is atempted, install is paused due to security, enter password, installation "finishes" however NO Webroot agent. Webroot shows in Applications. 
Can not uninstall, says app running however attempt to run app does not start it. Have to boot into Safe mode to remove. Subsequent install attempts do not work as multiple files are still in place. Attempt to search and remove all files allows a "partial" install...meaning the app starts (not at boot up), can be easily bypassed, can not add the code to authenticate it.
Similar experience with 6 different systems.
It's the weekend now, we'll see what support says...
Hello maksisanctum, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
I haven't had any problems uninstalling / installing WSA on my Mac running Mojave. I have done many installs and uninstalls since the upgrade to Mojave for testing purposes. When you say that the apps are still running, did you shut down WSA before uninstalling? Here are some KB Articles on Uninstall /Install of WSA:
Uninstall WSA from Mac Computer:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/How-To-Uninstall-Webroot-on-PC-Mac-Andriod-iOS-Devices/ta-p/317946

Install WSA on Mac Computer:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Install-Webroot-SecureAnywhere-PC-and-Mac/ta-p/316309

I'm also going to ping the Webroot Employees for help on your problem to make sure your problem is taken care of. Like you said this is the long weekend and it's a Holiday so the employees should be in this Wednesday.
@ @ @ @
As indicated, it can not be uninstalled conventionally since the agent never shows up. 
Have to boot into safe mode to remove it. The problem then is that the uninstaller never runs so files are left behind causing more problems.
I don't post lightly, I've been in IT for 30 years and supporting Macs is a good chunk of it so me contacting support means I've spent wayyyyy to much time troubleshooting already.
Sent info to support but they don't give out tickets numbers...
Userlevel 7
@ I did a Uninstall of WSA on Mojave. WSA is not running by looking at the Activity Monitor. Gone from Dock and Menu Bar. The uninstall is not clean unless you do Sudo Commands to get the left behind folders deleted. See This Thread. These are the popups I got during uninstalling:

Here are all the files left behind:

If you want all the files deleted, I recommend to submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  and let them delete the files for a clean uninstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
As pointed out above, reaching out to tech support is highly recommended so we can get you taken care of.