Just installed today's update - SecureAnywhere 9.1.4.123

• 15 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone.

There was an update today (Oct. 14, 2020) for Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac. The screen turned yellow and the update button appeared. I didn’t see any product announcement on the community forum to get more information about the update.

This update is 9.1.4.123. The previous version was 9.1.3.103.

I went ahead and installed the update anyway on my Mac with Catalina 10.15.6. So my experience was basically the same as last month’s update.

I just want to share my experience with this update...

• To download and install the update, I clicked the “Update Now” button (see screenshot below). The console will appear yellow.
  • Be patient... It will take about 1 or 2 minutes for the product to update. At first you won’t see anything happen after clicking the button and you might wonder whether the update is working at all. Don’t panic, and don’t press the update button more than once.
  • After a couple minutes you will see two Webroot icons running in the Dock. Let the update proceed.
  • Both icons will eventually disappear from the Dock. One Webroot icon will re-appear.
  • After the product has been updated, the console will turn green and immediately start scanning.
  • Check your version under My Account to confirm.
  • You may or may not see two Webroot icons in the dock. If you see two, just restart your computer later.
WebRoot SecureAnywhere for Mac in update mode.
Click the Update Now button to update the product.
Check the version either under My Account, or under About SecureAnywhere. Under the latter, you will get the full version number and you can click on the button “Check for software updates”.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

For more info see here with a direct download link: https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/product-update-mac-version-9-1-4-123-345361

Thanks,

Thanks TripleHelix for the link. Just had a look. This was helpful.

It seems the updates over the last few months are mostly bug fixes, and more recently ensuring compatibility with Apple’s forthcoming Big Sur.

I plan to install Catalina 10.15.7 very soon and see how WSA 9.1.4.123 works on that version.

Funny, on the Windows platform, I really don’t have to worry so much about any updates. WSA just runs silently, even on all the Windows 10 computers at work. Works nicely on Windows Server.

Hello,

I just wanted to mention here that I finally installed Catalina 10.15.7 this evening. 

WSA 9.1.4.123 is working and there were no error messages after logging back in after the update.

Userlevel 7

As we await the big test very soon, The “Big Sur”. Should be interesting. I’ll wait and see what happens after the OS Upgrade. Glad WSA for Mac is working well on your Mac running Catalina 10.15.7 @rupertsland :wink:

Thanks ProTruckDriver.

I too will wait and see what happens after Big Sur is released.

For others reading this post, I just want to mention that WSA 9.1.4.123 is still running fine on Catalina 10.15.7.

Hi everyone.

It’s been a full week and a day since I installed Catalina 10.15.7 with SecureAnywhere 9.1.4.123.

No problems to report, so far.

For others reading this post, Catalina 10.15.7 is the last update from Apple for the OS X line. Starting with Apple’s Big Sur, the OS version increments to 11.x.