There was an update today (Oct. 14, 2020) for Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac. The screen turned yellow and the update button appeared. I didn’t see any product announcement on the community forum to get more information about the update.
This update is 22.214.171.124. The previous version was 126.96.36.199.
I went ahead and installed the update anyway on my Mac with Catalina 10.15.6. So my experience was basically the same as last month’s update.
I just want to share my experience with this update...
- To download and install the update, I clicked the “Update Now” button (see screenshot below). The console will appear yellow.
- Be patient... It will take about 1 or 2 minutes for the product to update. At first you won’t see anything happen after clicking the button and you might wonder whether the update is working at all. Don’t panic, and don’t press the update button more than once.
- After a couple minutes you will see two Webroot icons running in the Dock. Let the update proceed.
- Both icons will eventually disappear from the Dock. One Webroot icon will re-appear.
- After the product has been updated, the console will turn green and immediately start scanning.
- Check your version under My Account to confirm.
- You may or may not see two Webroot icons in the dock. If you see two, just restart your computer later.