Last Pass & Password Manager

Badge +3
On my Windows 7 laptop, I received a message after enrolling in Last pass, that Webroot Password Manager is actually Last Pass working in the background.

1. Is this true?
On that platform it APPEARS that all my Webroot passwords "migrated" to Last Pass. Webroot sent me a message saying this had occurred.

2.How do you know?

3.Why do you know?

This migration did not occur on my MAC with Mojave 10.14.3. Additionally there was no migration selection for Webroot Password Manager in LastPass as there was for other Password Manager programs.

Currently Chrome, Firefox, and Safari do not allow Webroot Password Manager Extensions on MAC particularly.

What is going on?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @twosongs

Sorry you're having trouble with Webroot's PWM on your Mac. I'm running the Free LastPass on my Mac but I believe @Ssherjj is running Webroot's PWM on her Mac. Sherry are you seeing the same problems as twosongs is having?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @twosongs ,

Thank you for the ping @ProTruckDriver ,

I am checking this out right now and I'll show you what I have thus far.

1.Visit https://my.webrootanywhere.com/default.aspx and log in to your Webroot account
2.Under the section labeled “Password Manager Powered by LastPass” click “Manage Passwords”
3.You will be redirected to a LastPass page, from here click “Get Started”
4.Enter your Webroot account credentials, then click “Log In”
5.You will be prompted to re-enter your Webroot account password, aswell as setting up a new LastPass® master password, once filled in click “Save Master Password”.
6.A progress box will pop-up indicating your account’s migration status, once complete, you will be redirected to a success page
7.On the success page you will be prompted to install the LastPass® extension in your browser.

I am not showing PWM in Firefox or Chrome. and I am running Webroot on my Mac with the OS of El Capitan.

My best advice would be to Submit a Support Ticket and they can address this further.

HTH
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello there again,

This is what I get when signing into the Account Console and opening up Passwords, Follow this below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
We've added some new Password Manager KBs to the community that will help with your setup/migration. You can find the three new articles in our KB section.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry for some reason the second photo would not install in last post. @twosongs I now have PWM in Firefox..

I am not showing PWM in Firefox or Chrome. and I am running Webroot on my Mac with the OS of El Capitan.

To just add to the great info @Ssherjj has posted.

I went through the process to switch things over, as Sherry has shown. Towards the end of the process it asked if I'd like to install the browser extension. I clicked 'Yes' but it only installed the extension in the browser I was using (FIrefox). However, it doesn't install the traditional Webroot Password manager extension and icon, it installs the Lastpass extension and icon. It looks like this...

For me to get the extension in my other browser (Chrome), I had to go to the Chrome store and DL the Lastpass extension.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd?hl=en-US

You then use the login credentials you created earlier to login.

Webroot users will get access to the Premium version of Lastpass, as well. Very nice. :)

The whole process was flawless, for me. Hope this info can help others. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Thanks for sharing @BurnDaddy and glad it was flawless for you. We like flawless 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Thank you @BurnDaddy ,

I just went to Chrome and realized by signing into the Online Account Console that I was able to install Lasspass on Chrome. I am always lagging behind. LOL

I just went to Chrome and realized by signing into the Online Account Console that I was able to install Lasspass on Chrome. I am always lagging behind. LOL

No worries, Sherry. This is new to ALL of us. 😉

Like I said, I was asked, during the transfer process, if I wanted to install the extension. But if for some reason anyone doesn't have the extension, they can get the Lastpass extension from their browser's respective addon/extension source. And even if your browser isn't supported by a Lastpass extension, you can sill access your vault from any browser at lastpass.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

No worries, Sherry. This is new to ALL of us. 😉

Like I said, I was asked, during the transfer process, if I wanted to install the extension. But if for some reason anyone doesn't have the extension, they can get the Lastpass extension from their browser's respective addon/extension source. And even if your browser isn't supported by a Lastpass extension, you can sill access your vault from any browser at lastpass.com

It is super great to work as a TEAM @ProTruckDriver @BurnDaddy @freydrew

Thank you BD for the assistance!🤗
Badge +3
Thanks Pro TruckDriver & Ssherjj,
I have made the leap! But it did not go as advertised! I've written lastpass &webroot to explain, and I'll see if I can state it here: As we now know, LastPass was Webroot's Password Manager to some degree all along. According to LastPass, it was always running in the background of Webroot's Password Manager (WPM). So now getting to the issue. Prior to getting the story from Webroot, I kept getting messages saying: "We're working on it" from Webroot for several days.. even weeks.. So, I decided to find a new program. I evaluated several and decided to load Dashlane & LastPass to try out. When the resolution came from Webroot resulting in the steps Ssherjj listed above, I tried the transition. Using LastPass(LP)'s steps, I got thru #5 successfully, but lost it on #6 becauseI ALREADY HAD INSTALLED LP during my trial period. So, because it was on my computer, the transfer would not initiate between WPM & FP. ... Dashlane saved the day! How? Dashlane would accept a csv file from WPM that LP would not, however, LP would transfer info from passwords established in Dashlane to LP.
So, I did a double swap.. I now have my PW on LP, but not in the order I would have expected from a programmed transfer, so I have some cleanup to do.
My recommendation is to uninstall LP if this is an issue for anyone else, then go through WPM's steps & perhaps it will go smoother!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Pro TruckDriver & Ssherjj,
I have made the leap! But it did not go as advertised! I've written lastpass &webroot to explain, and I'll see if I can state it here: As we now know, LastPass was Webroot's Password Manager to some degree all along. According to LastPass, it was always running in the background of Webroot's Password Manager (WPM). So now getting to the issue. Prior to getting the story from Webroot, I kept getting messages saying: "We're working on it" from Webroot for several days.. even weeks.. So, I decided to find a new program. I evaluated several and decided to load Dashlane & LastPass to try out. When the resolution came from Webroot resulting in the steps Ssherjj listed above, I tried the transition. Using LastPass(LP)'s steps, I got thru #5 successfully, but lost it on #6 becauseI ALREADY HAD INSTALLED LP during my trial period. So, because it was on my computer, the transfer would not initiate between WPM & FP. ... Dashlane saved the day! How? Dashlane would accept a csv file from WPM that LP would not, however, LP would transfer info from passwords established in Dashlane to LP.
So, I did a double swap.. I now have my PW on LP, but not in the order I would have expected from a programmed transfer, so I have some cleanup to do.
My recommendation is to uninstall LP if this is an issue for anyone else, then go through WPM's steps & perhaps it will go smoother!

You are most welcome. Sorry to hear you had some issues with the transfer but I/we are elated that you have LastPass running for you.

Here is a Thread/post by @Baldrick that is a good read.

But Thank you so much for sharing your information for others! Very nice of you..much appreciated!😊