legacy system extensions - macos 10.15.4

• 25 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I a popup that led to this message when I turned on my computer (and this was a Webroot popup) - 

“In 2019, Apple informed developers that macOS Catalina will be the last macOS to fully support legacy system extensions, and we've been working with developers to transition their software. By moving beyond these extensions, developers are helping to further modernize the Mac, improve its security and reliability, and enable more user-friendly software distribution methods. A final transition date has not yet been set.”

does this mean Webroot won't work?  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

As far as I know, Webroot only “promises” that they are working on it, even I saw that warning not only in Catalina, if I remember correctly. Time will tell.

Badge

Thanks.  Is Webroot actually protecting my laptop right now?  It says its working, but it never acutally scans or does any of the things it used to before Catalina…. :/

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Right now? I am afraid that it’s not. My installation is still scanning, but I just made a test here https://www.amtso.org/security-features-check/ and I was able to download all the files there. The only warning is for detecting phishing pages. Others inform their installations are infected too.