Mac Catalina 10.15.4 Can't Uninstall Webroot

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Like others I am not renewing Webroot. I bought Norton 360. Upon installing the program, it detected Webroot. Software was included in the Norton program that allowed me to uninstall Webroot.

I looked into norton.. but ultimately decided to get kaspersky with their multiple devices package. i haven’t checked if kaspersky can remove webroot. we shall see. i haven’t received anything from the “ticket” (or IT support) department to assist me in removing the program. I honestly feel like this is not a secured way to uninstall. I feel that this is very invasive. Is there a place we can all complain about this? this should not be the case EACH TIME you cut ties with them. 

Hello @happyfood 

I will ping the 2 Webroot Community Staffers and hopefully they can help you. @khumphrey  @freydrew  when one of them replies they will ask you to send them a PM with the email you used for the Support Ticket.

Again sorry for the issues your having.

Userlevel 1

Hi ProTruckDriver - I still have the WebRoot folder but no files within it. Norton 360 is working well for me (so far) - we’ll see with any Catalina updates. I prefer Last Pass for my password manager and NordVPN instead of what Norton offers.

Userlevel 3

Update -- just thought I would be helpful and share my update.

I have signed up for kaspersky and completed a full scan. No suspicious file found.
However, I decided to try uninstalling the file again and it worked.  
It left some files and I was able to delete those too.  

Regarding the “TICKET”, I have not received any communication from the IT department yet regarding my ticket number.  However, it hasn’t been 48 hours.  So I don’t mind not receiving anything yet.  And at this point, it looks like I will have no need for their help.  

Conclusion? 
I can’t really conclude if having kaspersky helped me get the software uninstalled as it didn’t really show up on the scan.  I still had to manually uninstall and delete files on my own.  
I also want to add that I had turned off my auto renew for webroot and it was scheduled to expire by October 1.  Today is October 2.  I didn’t get to uninstall it yesterday.  So I can’t really say if it was because of the expiration because I couldn’t even uninstall it when it was already expired yesterday.  The only different thing I did was doing the full scan (not the quick scan) using kaspersky.  If you ask about restarts -- I’ve done plenty even before posting my first comment on this thread.  

I just thought I would share how I was able to fix my issue from my end and hopefully it will help someone in the future.  Thanks again for everyone who have responded and somehow helped in getting a little bit more understanding on what’s going on.  

For webroot, I have used your services for the last 5 years. It’s time for me to go as I can’t get the service that I needed.  I have waited months and months for you to be fix the bugs after the update on my mac. But I can’t risk the security of my laptop while waiting.  So I have opted to go with an antivirus that is compatible with my mac and showing no issues so far.  Thanks again for everything and bye. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@macdonaldj  I hope the Mac product team sees these issues. It’s sad Webroot is losing Mac Clients.

Userlevel 7

@macdonaldj  I hope the Mac product team sees these issues. It’s sad Webroot is losing Mac Clients.

I agree Daniel. Seeing that I was having a lot of problems running Webroot on macOS Mojave I have never installed Webroot on the current macOS Catalina and looking at all these problems members are having here on the forum, I’m not about ready to install it. I wish Webroot a lot of luck when macOS Big Sur is released. I’ll use Webroot on my PC’s but for the Mac I’m using another security product that I have no problems with. We all know that Apple has thrown a monkey wrench in the mix when they came out with Catalina but other security software companies kept on top of it and they have very little problems from what I read on their forums. I truly miss using Webroot on my Mac with the Backup & Sync. :frowning2: Maybe when all the bugs are gone I’ll reinstall Webroot on the Mac. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@happyfood ,

Did you ever get ahold of the support team? If not, please send me a Private Message including the e-mail address attached to your Webroot account and I’ll check on the ticket for you.

Userlevel 3

@happyfood ,

Did you ever get ahold of the support team? If not, please send me a Private Message including the e-mail address attached to your Webroot account and I’ll check on the ticket for you.

Hi! After I’ve posted my previous comment I did eventually get an email from them.  I have emailed back right away to let them know that I’m good and that they can close the ticket number as I no longer need any assistance. :)  Thanks for checking.