Solved

MacOS Big Sur Public Beta

• 8 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

After installing the MacOS Big Sur Public Beta ok, I restarted and went back to Catalina, until I had some free time to do some beta testing.

The  first “Webroot Secure Anywhere” scan reported it had found a threat it called MacOS.Lazarus.l.r, at the following location.

/Volumes/MacBigSirBeta — Data/Library/Apple/System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/MacOS/MRT

Is this malware or a virus, or has the virus security S/W picked it up in error?

I know there is a development too called Lazarus, and that the MRT app is Apple’s  Malware Removal Tool, but wasn’t sure why Webroot flagged it as a threat.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 8 August 2020, 16:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @hughbp 

This may be a False Positive since it was found in /Volumes/MacBigSirBeta. I would get in contact with Webroot Support to make sure before doing anything with the threat reported. I’m interested in the findings. Please tell us what Webroot Support has to say about this.

When sending in a Support Ticket, Under the “Issue “ drop-down, use “Threat Found-False Positive” for a quicker response.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 1

I submitted a ticket, but in the end it resolved itself without any action???

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to work with us, please see our latest update below. We also believe this issue has been resolved and have now closed this Webroot Support Ticket 'Scan Failed' - (#444341).

Support was responding to:
This issue appears to have resolved itself without me doing anything?????

I changed nothing, in other Webroot or with the Mac OS.

Very odd, as I would have liked to know what I got this issue.

Support wrote:
Hello,

Strange, please let us know if you see this activity return so we may continue to investigate if so. 

We are closing this ticket, should you have additional questions regarding this issue, please reply to this ticket and it will automatically be re-opened. For any additional or new issues, please create a new ticket.

Regards,

Ethan M. 
Webroot Business Support