Solved

Opening Webroot app on Mac Mojave

• 20 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have webroot running on macos 10.14.6. The "W" is in the green circle in the tray but I cannot open the app to inspect version number, etc. I have tried double clicking, right clicking etc but no joy.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 21 September 2019, 04:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @McMichael Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

There should be a Green "W" in the Menu Bar. Please click on that Green "W" icon and you will see a drop down. Click "Open SecureAnywhere". The Webroot GUI should open on your computer screen.
Here is a the latest User Guide for WSA for Mac:
https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_mac_userguide/wsa_mac_userguide.htm#ScanningForMalware/RunningScans.htm%3FTocPath%3DScanning%2520For%2520Malware%7C_____1

HTH,
Dave.
Badge +1
Many thanks ProTruckDriver and your tip has led me to another discovery. Webroot is not on the menu bar. I got rid of a whole lot of other app widgets to make sure I could see everything on the bar but still no Webroot. Putting a widget there is normally done in the app Preferences but I can't open the app to get at the preferences. Webroot is listed in Activity Monitor and I used Force Quit to see if I could start the app manually through Finder and get at Preferences but it restarted automatically within a couple of seconds. I have the icon in my tray. When I "two finger" click it it shows "Options", "Show recents" and "Open". Options has three choices: Remove from Dock, Open at Login and Show in Finder. Show Recents displays "No available Windows" and Open doesn't do anything.
Userlevel 7
I was going suggest a Uninstall / Reinstall of Webroot on your Mac. But since you can't shut down Webroot and it keeps restarting that rules out the uninstall / reinstall because Webroot needs to be shut down for that. I would suggest getting in contact with Webroot Support. When you send a Support Ticket in a Webroot Log will automatically be sent to Support. Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Badge +1
Many thanks Dave and will do. I'm in quite a Catch 22.