Solved

Product Update Available

• 13 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Everytime I start my Mac, I get the message the a Product Update is available.  Clicking on Update Now does nothing.  I spent 1 hour on the phone with Webroot the other day getting help on this and various problems.  Appears it is not fixed.  Suggestions welcome!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 June 2021, 18:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @wolfdog10d  Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Sorry you are having problems with Webroot for Mac.

What Version mac OS are you running?

I would recommend getting back with Webroot Support by Phone. Ask to have a remote with them so they can go on your computer (Perfectly Safe To Do). Tell them you are having problems and you want them to do “Sudo Commands” to uninstall ALL of Webroot. When you uninstall it there are a lot of files left behind. The only way to delete those files is by Sudo Commands. Webroot will not tell you the Sudo Commands, they have to do it. Then ask them to reinstall WSA if you want to.

Notice: Let Webroot Use Their Sudo Commands by Remote! Any Other Sudo Commands That Does Not Come From Webroot May Screw Up Your Computer.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 1

Thanks very much for the quick reply.  I did do this with Support on the phone, and everything was fine after the call.  When I logged on today, the problem is back.  I have macOS Big Sur 11.4   The last update Mac update appears to be causing problems, including this one.  Thought we had it fixed.  But I will try to call again. Thank you.

I agree with ProTruckDriver’s suggestion.

Call Webroot tech support again and have them do a remote session (I have done this in the past, and it really helps). Of course, explain to tech support that your problem came back, and have them perform the uninstall according to ProTruckDriver’s advice.

It doesn’t hurt to perform another uninstall/re-install.

I too am running Big Sur 11.4. WSA version 9.3.0.77 was installed about a week ago - and it did so automatically and silently, without even notifying me there was an update available (I don’t mind). The update was installed more quickly than in previous releases.

Userlevel 1

Ok thank you.  The customer support person on the last call was unable to access my computer (another Mac update problem), but did walk me through the commands to uninstall/reinstall.  I would assume I did something wrong, but the problem appeared to be fixed at the time.  As you say, it can’t hurt to try it again.  I downloaded Webroot Secure anywhere just after the Mac update because that Mac update caused a problem with the free antivirus I was using.  So, I continue to blame the Big Sur update.  Anyway, I will try again.  Thanks much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @wolfdog10d 

I don’t know anything about Mac’s but if you can uninstall then use this link to download the latest version 9.3.0.77 and install and let us know how it goes.

https://mac.webrootmultiplatform.com/production/wsa-mac/10.15/9.3.0.77/WSAMAC.dmg

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/eb422a71035d99913a6dda917f52715d237362ece7632f3d41b8640cebff0f2e/details

CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion 6.0
DTXcodeBuild 12D4e
CFBundleSupportedPlatforms ['MacOSX']
CFBundleIdentifier com.webroot.Installer
DTSDKName macosx11.1
DTPlatformVersion 11.1
CFBundleShortVersionString 9.3.0
BuildMachineOSBuild 19H524
SMPrivilegedExecutables {'com.webroot.InstallerHelperTool': 'anchor apple generic and identifier "com.webroot.InstallerHelperTool" and (certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.9] /* exists */ or certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = "6Q6RVXVYC2")'}
CFBundleExecutable Installer
LSMinimumSystemVersion 10.15
CFBundleVersion 77
CFBundleIconFile AppIcon
DTPlatformBuild 12D4e
DTXcode 1240
CFBundleDevelopmentRegion en
DTPlatformName macosx
CFBundleIconName AppIcon
LSApplicationCategoryType public.app-category.utilities
DTCompiler com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0
OG WSAMAC.DMG