Solved

re-installing on Catalina

• 23 September 2020
  • 7 replies

After upgrading to MacOS Catalina, the WSA window launched on every new login.

Really annoying, and no way to control it.

So I tried uninstall Webroot, and reinstalling.

But after clicking the installer, nothing happens.

The webroot icon is sitting in the dock, its open, and clicking it, the menu-bar with only shows “WebrootSecureAnywhere” but just that,  no dropdown menus, or app window .

I tried this two times, and same result.

Please advise

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 23 September 2020, 19:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Ohlers 

Uninstall your current Webroot SecureAnywhere and use the link below to install on Catalina!

Download v9.1.3.103 and install it and it’s only for Catalina and newer (Coming Big Sur) and will not work on older Mac OS’s.

Direct Download Link: https://mac.webrootmultiplatform.com/production/wsa-mac/10.15/9.1.3.103/WSAMAC.dmg

Please let us know the outcome.

Hello- the install with dmg from link above goes to image in this post and hangs- 20 mins so far. I’m running OS 10.15.4 on a MBP. The Webroot extension icon in the top bar of the finder is gone. Please advise.

Userlevel 7

@kpf.sound 

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

HTH,

Dave.

Add my name to the many who have experienced a big goose egg on the part of Webroot.

Downloaded the latest Webroot version for Mac OS Catalina found buried here in a forum posting; all it does is hit the 10% installation mark and stalls. Tried numerous times with no luck. The main download website links haven’t been updated for Mac users; the version you get from the website installs a version giving you an unresponsive Webroot icon. After installing Catalina I had to uninstall my active subscription “Secure Anywhere” because it was stuck in a perpetual full-on scan; software would not respond to cancel commands or update commands and after 4-days of scanning I removed it (had to go into the “safe” mode to do it). Sounds like the Webroot folks didn’t do their homework getting their anti-virus to work with the new Mac OS Catalina ...and now with Bug Sur looming the whole place is playing serious catch up.

Everybody working from home, how nice ...what could possibly go wrong?

Don’t suppose there’s gonna be any refunds to the subscriptions for us Mac users while Webroot’s at-home IT team figures out the security interface of the latest Mac OS ….

I too had the same problem and had to manually install as su using Terminal.

Download the installer and drop the Webroot SecureAnywhere app into your Applications folder.

Open Terminal:

cd ‘/Applications/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS’

sudo ./Installer

I too had the same problem and had to manually install as su using Terminal.

Download the installer and drop the Webroot SecureAnywhere app into your Applications folder.

Open Terminal:

cd ‘/Applications/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS’

sudo ./Installer

Thanks, gLynch - had the same issues as others noted above (stalling during installation). Installing via terminal + sudo worked for me as well. Zipped right through and scanning again as I type this...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just had to use this myself on my Mac running Big Sur as couldn't get Webroot to get past the ‘Authorising installation’ stage.

Running under Terminal did the trick so that @gLynch 👍🏻