Solved

Really Long Scans on Mac

• 21 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This started with Big Sur and continue in Monterrey, but more and more we see really long scan times on Macs. By really long, I mean several days. So long that I often see 3 or 4 scans running at the same time and slowing down the machine significantly.

Is anyone else seeing this? Have a solution?

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 21 April 2022, 21:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

See this thread:

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-consumer-business-for-macs-18/multiple-scans-running-at-the-same-time-macos-monterey-12-0-21a344-350849?postid=373191#post373191

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks! Appreciate it! Will keep an ear out for that update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

This started with Big Sur and continue in Monterrey, but more and more we see really long scan times on Macs. By really long, I mean several days. So long that I often see 3 or 4 scans running at the same time and slowing down the machine significantly.

Is anyone else seeing this? Have a solution?

I am still seeing it daily. It stalls a scan, and then starts another and another. Although I am not quit buying the answer, because I see the number of files on each scan changing, just very slowly. So there is something else going on. And I have yet had a full scan complete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Interested in seeing what’s happening here as have a few projects lined up to upgrade clients from Catalina to either Big Sure or Monterey and certainly don’t want to have reports of Webroot scans overloading the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@russell.harris At this time, I would recommend against it.  It ha not completed one full scan on this machine, or the previous machine running the beta of this OS.  And it is hard to tell if it is even working at all, fully, or partially really given that behavior. Is the entire app hanging, or just the scan?  No way to really know. Hopefully they can fix this soon. 

Just an FYI: Carbonite is also not running correctly. It had some kind of license failure, and the fix was to reinstall, which deleted all the backed up files in the cloud. And now, since reinstalling (three times) it says it has a license, but has not yet after 5 hours started a backup. And manual start stops after a few minutes. 

First time saying this, but having some serious doubts on Webroot or Carbonite on new Macs on later MacOS. Sitting dead in the water on both these products. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@russell.harris At this time, I would recommend against it.  It ha not completed one full scan on this machine, or the previous machine running the beta of this OS.  And it is hard to tell if it is even working at all, fully, or partially really given that behavior. Is the entire app hanging, or just the scan?  No way to really know. Hopefully they can fix this soon. 

Just an FYI: Carbonite is also not running correctly. It had some kind of license failure, and the fix was to reinstall, which deleted all the backed up files in the cloud. And now, since reinstalling (three times) it says it has a license, but has not yet after 5 hours started a backup. And manual start stops after a few minutes. 

First time saying this, but having some serious doubts on Webroot or Carbonite on new Macs on later MacOS. Sitting dead in the water on both these products. 

Really appreciate that feedback and sorry you’re getting such a bad experience here. I’ll monitor this closely.