Solved

scan with external c drive with a san disc in it

• 10 August 2022
  • 6 replies

i was attempting to back up my computer thru time machine ( have an apple mac) and i was running the backup while webroot scanned my computer it thought that my san disc with files on it was a threat why is that

icon

Best answer by TylerM 16 August 2022, 21:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Right click the Webroot icon in your bottom right tray and then save a scan log.

It should tell you inside the scan log the MD5 of the file you have in question

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Support would be happy to fix this issue for you as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@dugan790 

Could be a super old file that was erroneously detected as a false positive. 

Feel free to submit the file

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=17&vw=1&app=vw&solutionid=735

But we’re always more than happy to take a look at your computer and make sure you like. Feel free to give us a call or submit a ticket where we can analyze logs

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@dugan887 

Yes I would run the Webroot scan first, any files  that it detects you can either quarantine or manually un-check the files you believe are a false positive and then let it finish scanning and then do your backup. 

Feel free to give me the MD5s from the scanlog and I can check the files for you to make sure they are FP or not

Badge +1

No its a backup thru time machine on my computer have a brand new mac pro and i was backing up the hard disc to the external c drive with a san disc inserted into the portable c drive that i plug into the c drive port on my computer how do i get it to not raise a red flag as in infection on the webroot scan it comes to the external drive and it says thats an infection do i run the scan and then back up via time machine on my mac thats where im confused do i run the scan first then run my backup like u would normally with t right clickin the drive and say scan with webroot

Badge +1

How do i look for the MD5 files