Scan won't stop

• 10 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Ever since Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.6, Webroot SecureAnywhere has been acting up. First there was issue with update.  Got Tech Support remotely access my machine on July 20 and Again on August 6. He manually uninstalled and reinstalled.  First  scan is been running for almost 4 days. It has slowed the system to a crawl. Tech Support was supposed to escalate it to higher level support. I can not cancel the scan After reboot scan starts again and still can not cancel.  I  need help. I still have 778 days of subscription left. Please help.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Aqeels 

Sorry you are having trouble with Webroot for Mac. Since you have been in contact with Support and you stated  that Tech Support was supposed to escalate it to a high Support Level, let me ping @khumphrey to see if he can help you find out what’s happening in Support.

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Aqeels ,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having so much difficulty. You mentioned that you were in contact with tech support and that they are escalating to a higher level support - is this via email or phone? Are you still in correspondence with them? 

I’d recommend keeping up with your ticket in the support queue as they have the tools that can assist you in this matter. Please allow at least 24-48 hours for a response. If you do not get one, please private message me with the email attached to your webroot account.

@khumphery. Thanks for input. They were supposed to email me first. And then either via remote access or the phone call. I have been waiting since August .

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Aqeels ,

What form was your communication with them, though? Was it over email or phone? 

I called first. Waited for ever but finally got Tech Support and then they did remote access.

Hi Aqeels,

You said earlier that you have Catalina 10.15.6 installed. Is this correct?

Also, what version of SecureAnywhere are you using? Is it...

9.1.2.121, or 

9.1.3.103, or

some other earlier version?

I am currently using SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103 on a mac with Catalina 10.15.5. I was told a few days ago that upgrading to Catalina 10.15.6 should not cause any issues with 9.1.3.103.

A the time problem started, I am not sure whether it was v9.1.3.103 or v9.1.2.121 on Catalina V10.15.15.

I am using v 9.1.3.103 on Catalina v10.15.6 which upgraded since the start of problem. I am so frustrated with help desk. They were supposed to send my ticket to higher level support. Nothing yet.. Webroot SecureAnywhere drags the my machine to halt.

With the help of 2 technicians over a period of 2 weeks, removed the Webroot SecureAnywhere completely and reinstalled it. Still the same problem.

Now new issue arrived. Webroot SecureAnywhere warning that there is threat detected. But threat removal process does nothing.

Hi Aqeels,

After I got your other response earlier in the week, I check your reply here and noticed you included screenshots of your scan issue.

In my situation, I have 9.1.3.103 running under Catalina 10.15.5, and I don't have the scan issue.

So, from what you say, the problem occurred under Catalina 10.15.5, regardless of which version of SecureAnywhere installed on your mac. Updating Catalina to 10.15.6 didn't make a difference - the scan problem continued.

And looking at your most recent post, the software found a threat. Could it be that the problem lies with the threat itself and SecureAnywhere is having trouble removing it? Possibly this might be a blessing in disguise, because it could be that there’s some new type of threat that Webroot engineers have to investigate. Solving this issue may end up protecting the rest of us. Don’t give up. Keep in contact with tech support and follow up.

I am telling you there is no threat. I have used Sophos, Bidefender and Norton 360 trial versions and their scans finish in matter of minutes. No of them detected anything.