Solved

Sudo Command for Complete removal for MAC

• 22 January 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
Im just wondering if there's a complete Sudo or Terminal Commands that will remove all files from Webroot for MAC. I've been struggling for years that we always have to connect to support to remove the AV from our computers. No uninstallers or removal tool available. Why is that?

The support agents seem to run all commands, why is it not available on support websites for a guide to completely remove it and just always redirect for filing a ticket.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 22 January 2019, 05:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello heartlessheart69, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️
Yes, Webroot does have Sudo Commands to completely remove Webroot from the Mac Computer. I don't know though if the sudo commands change for every Mac version. I don't want to give you the wrong information. It's best to submit a Support Ticket and they will send you the right sudo commands for your Mac. Make sure to tell them what version macOS you're running.

Please submit a Support Ticket. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 7
Hello @heartlessheart69

Just after I posted I also sent in a Support Ticket on sudo commands this is their response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

Our apologies for any inconvenience. For the issue you are reporting, we would like to work with you directly over the phone to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Webroot’s US hours of availability are 7AM – 5PM MST, Monday through Friday at 1-866-612-4227.

For contact information in other countries, a href="http://www.webroot.com/En_US/about-contactus.html" target="_blank"click here/a. When the Contact Us page opens, click the tab for the country that works best for you.

Sincerely,

The Webroot Support Team

It looks like Webroot is not giving out Sudo commands on the Support Ticket anymore. You need to call them. Contact Webroot Support

HTH,
Dave
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@heartlessheart69 As far as I know it's always been the same:
code:
sudo /usr/local/bin/WSDaemon -u

Can't guarantee it removes every last file, but it should run the basic uninstall.

Adam
Userlevel 7
The basic uninstall leaves all these files behind. I believe to OP want all these files off of his computer.

I have the old list of Sudo Commands, but it's a few years old. Webroot may have changed the list. It is a long list and after they are applied there is no trace of Webroot on the computer.
Badge +1

@ProTruckDriver  So what are the additional Sudo cmds to remove the additional files? Really need those!

Userlevel 7

Hello @Kuddzu I don’t have the new Sudo Commands. You will have to get in contact with Webroot Support and they will do the Sudo Commands on your computer. I tried to get them by Support Ticket but Webroot will not publish them to members. Some members were posting Sudo Commands on the forum that did not come from Support. Those have been deleted. Only the Sudo Commands that come from Webroot Support are recommended.

Contact Webroot Support  

HTH,

Dave.

Badge +1

Ahhh yes Support told me that but I was hoping you had an inside track!

Badge +2

SO … what do you do when the support folks give up on you? How do I get this crap off of my Mac?