Solved

Suspicious Activity Detected - system folder modified

• 1 November 2020
  • 3 replies

On my MacBook pro I get the above message when I start up the system. This points to the file “/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.appleseed.seedusaged.postinstall.plist”.

This file contains what looks like a call to the “Feedback Assistant.app” app:

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.apple.appleseed.seedusaged.postinstall</string>

<key>LimitLoadToSesionType</key>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>ProgramArguments</key>

<array>

<string>oneShot</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>Program</key>

<string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Feedback Assistant.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices/seedusaged</string>

Is this normal and OK, or is it some kind of malware?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 November 2020, 22:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @egrisard 

For things like this it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and put that info in the ticket and they will let you know!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

The attached screen shot notification of suspicious activity appears on my desktop when booting up. What can I do to to correct?

Thank you for your reply.

Bob Parrett

~snip Removed Email address please don’t post personal info on the open forum

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @parrera 

Just follow my post above yours to contact support. Also please don’t post your email address on a public forum!

Thanks,