Uninstall instructions for Mac OSX Catalina

• 14 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Can someone please provide official instructions of how to uninstall Webroot from Catalina.  

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @fab138 

Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

Important: Make sure Webroot is shutdown before uninstall as stated in #1.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks Dave.  Do you know if this cleans everything off of the Mac?  I talked to an extremely rude Webroot tech support person after waiting on hold for an hour and he said that you need to call support to fully uninstall the product.  He also went on to blame Apple for issues with Webroot running on Catalina and that Webroot is not yet ready for this operating system and couldn’t tell me when it would be.

Userlevel 7

Well to answer your question about leaving files behind, you will not like my answer sorry to say. This is all the files left behind when you uninstall WSA from a Mac. You will have to contact Webroot by phone so they can do a remote on your computer and use Sudo Commands to remove all files. Here are the files left behind after you uninstall without Sudo Commands:

Please only use Webroot’s Sudo Commands. Using others may damage your computer.

I tried to get the Sudo commands for Catalina from Support by Support Ticket. Webroot will not release the Sudo Commands to members.

Contact Webroot Support  

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@fab138 ,

I’m very sorry to hear you had a less-than-ideal conversation with one of the support reps. 

I just sent a direct message to you asking for some more info about this conversation with support. Can you please reply back to that direct message with the info requested? I’m looking into this with the manager of our support team and I promise I will assist you in any way that I can.

Thank you for your patience,

-Keenan

Badge +3

I too am having an issue getting Webroot uninstalled from my MAC. There is no option to shut it down. Dragging to trash displays message that Webroot is still running.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@sbailey75 ,

As recommended earlier in the thread, if you are having issues uninstalling Webroot, your best bet is to contact our SUPPORT TEAM - There are certain “sudo” commands that the support team has access to which allows them to force an uninstall. 

I apologize for any difficulty you’re having here! Please let us know how your conversation with support goes.

Thanks

-Keenan

Badge +1

You can also try this:

1. Go to Finder and open the Application folder.
  2. Locate the application that you want to uninstall and move it to trash. This step removes the service files of the app that you have just deleted.
  3. Open Finder, select “Go” and “Go to folder”. Check for app remains in the sub-folders.