Solved

Uninstall Secure Anywhere on Macbook Air with Catalina 10.15.5

• 9 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Secure Anywhere stopped working on my MacBook after Catalina was updated to 10.15.5. Not the first time this has happened after Catalina updates. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. My pleas through support tickets were met with crickets. I finally said goodby to Secure Anywhere or so I thought. I bought a Norton product but when I tried to install it, it says that Webroot needs to be uninstalled. I have tried everything that I can think of including using the uninstall button on the app or by moving files to trash. Secure Anywhere is like Herpes simplex - it won’t go away! Please help.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 9 August 2020, 22:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Biff 

Sorry you’re having problems uninstalling Webroot. In order to have a Complete Uninstall of Webroot, Webroot Support needs to do Sudo Commands by remote to your computer. Support WILL NOT give you the Sudo Commands. Please contact Support by Phone to get this done.

Here are the files left behind that need to be Sudo off:

ONLY USE WEBROOT’S SUDO COMMANDS.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response Dave. I have opened support tickets and there has been no response. So now, I will be tethered to a phone for an unknown period of time waiting to get this done. It seems that Webroot would be more responsive.

Userlevel 7

I hear you @Biff :wink:

Not making any excuses for Webroot but what’s not helping also is the COVID 19. Because of this most or all of the Webroot Employees are working from home. This virus has put the screws to almost every business. :frowning2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I hear you @Biff :wink:

Not making any excuses for Webroot but what’s not helping also is the COVID 19. Because of this most or all of the Webroot Employees are working from home. This virus has put the screws to almost every business. :frowning2:

I agree buddy! :frowning2: