Solved

Uninstall Webroot SA AV on Mac Fully

• 11 October 2012
  • 9 replies

How do you remove Webroot SecureAnywhere AV 2013 from a Mac, fully? Meaning, is dragging the app to the trash enough? Considering the pull-down menu on Finder title bar, thinking there may be more to it.

Realtime Threat Shield brought copying to a crawl and Web Threat Shield gets website threats wrong constantly, on more than one machine.

Very disappointed, had hoped to standardize on Webroot for my Mac clients as I do for Windows, but no way.
icon

Best answer by TechToc 11 October 2012, 19:07

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Ken and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Sorry your having problems with the Mac version I would like to suggest that you contact the Webroot support inbox so that they can help you further https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?

TH
Already did, no response, yet.
Userlevel 5
Badge +16
Hello Ken,

To fully uninstall the application from the Mac, simply move the icon from the Application's menu to the trash. After doing so, you will be prompted to 'Uninstall' the program. By confirming this window you will remove the additional information from the Mac Library where we store some of the files needed, including the log data. 

I've replied to your ticket and would like to set up a time when we can follow up regarding the issues. Please reply to that case and we'll work together on a resolution.

Thank you
Userlevel 1
Hi KenLark,

You might want to try the new version (8.0.1.76). The copy speed problems have been resolved there, from my experience. Still some small issues for me remain with this release (international keys, blocked page-redirect), but I'm confident they'll be fixed soon. I've reported the remaining issue again.

Kind regards,

Geri

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Geri and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. Another familiar name I see from Wilders! ;)

Cheers,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello Ken and Geri, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 1
Thanks, TrippleHelix and ProTruckDriver!

I have done as you described but I still thinks it is installed when I run another program that is incompatible with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello davidac,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Please submit a Support Ticket and they can assist you with uninstalling Webroot from a Mac. You probably have reminants of Webroot left in your computer.

Kind Regards,